PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and on citalopram

secretstars2000
03-02-09, 08:43
Morning all

I would just like to say hi to you all, and hope you don't mind me joining you.

I had a baby almost 12 months ago and was diagnosed with Postnatal Depression 4 months after her birth, i was prescribed Citalopram 10mg for the first couple of weeks and then upped it to 20mg, these tablets really did help me.

Anyway i fell pregnant again september time, so the doctor insisted she weaned me off these especially with being the first trimester.

About a week ago ive been feeling down and having panic attacks again, so i took a visit to the doctors yesterday and they put me back on the tablets 10mg, og my god i forgot how bad these side affects are i think ive had about 2 hours sleep all night and was sick twice.

Just a bit anxious to take these whilst being pregnant, is anyone else on these or have been whilst being pregnant?

Jen

weeble40
03-02-09, 09:16
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

secretstars2000
03-02-09, 09:18
Thank you for the warm welcome, i'll enjoy chatting with you all in chat very soon :-)

xxx

bab
03-02-09, 09:28
Hi there and welcome

For my pregnancy I stayed on citalopram till 20 weeks when my GP said to come off - so I did and i was so so anxious it was awful - i had a great obstetrician who said I should have stayed on them as loads of women do - so I stayed on them throughout my 2nd pregnancy

lots of love x

bab
03-02-09, 09:28
sorry - first bit should have said for first pregnancyc came off them at 20 weeks xx

secretstars2000
03-02-09, 09:55
Hey there

thakn you for the reply back to me, so you felt better going back on them and could enjoy ur new born baby more the second time around?

Just not liking the side affects as im not eating and if i do just being sick!

sunshine-lady
03-02-09, 21:01
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin: