PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy?

ccc28
03-02-09, 13:41
Anyone tried hypnotherapy?

Has it worked? I知 really at my end痴 wit now with this anxiety, I知 going back for some counselling but I think I値l get some more aromatherapy in the meantime.

Just wondering if anyone has tried hypnotherapy and if they felt the benefit?

Toffeeapple
03-02-09, 13:47
Hi I don't know if this is any good but I have tried self-hypnosis, not for my HA but for childbirth (for my second child), and I had the best childbirth ever and really quick, even though my first childbirth was 38 hours long.
So much so that the midwives could not believe how calm and in control I was, they kept telling me to stay at home and I almost gave birth in the car park.
So I do believe in it, and I'm sure the benefits on my anxiety would be tremendous but I'm yet to find a self-hypnosis/hypnotherapy cd.
I'm sure sessions with a proper hypnotherapist would be amazing as well.

ccc28
06-02-09, 08:53
Hi I don't know if this is any good but I have tried self-hypnosis, not for my HA but for childbirth (for my second child), and I had the best childbirth ever and really quick, even though my first childbirth was 38 hours long.
So much so that the midwives could not believe how calm and in control I was, they kept telling me to stay at home and I almost gave birth in the car park.
So I do believe in it, and I'm sure the benefits on my anxiety would be tremendous but I'm yet to find a self-hypnosis/hypnotherapy cd.
I'm sure sessions with a proper hypnotherapist would be amazing as well.

I've seen a hypnotherapist now, just a first visit and my first proper session is on Monday night. I still have doubts about how it will work but I'm willing to give it a go.

Sheltoes
12-02-09, 22:10
I have had one session of hypnotherapy and am already seeing/feeling the benefits....I feel so much better!!! Good Luck I really hope it works for you!!!

psychocandy
13-02-09, 10:41
I tried hynotherapy and it did calm me down a bit.

Not sure if the effects were long lasting though.

kittykat
13-02-09, 10:54
Hi,

I think it can work on some conditions , im not sure if it would work on my HA but i suppose anything that maybe relaxes you is always worth a try xx

jocutts
13-02-09, 17:18
I had it but it didnt work for me but i was probably at my worst when i went and couldnt relax.
Give it a go if your like me you will try anything once!!
I have just started a new book by Dale Carnegie called How to stop worrying and start living and think along with claire weeks self help for your nerves it is really good.
Take Care
Jo.xx

joans60
13-02-09, 17:25
I have hjad my second session of hypnotherapy today and I have found it very good I have started to relax a lot more and the hypnotherapist said to me I was really calm so am pleased that I have given it a try.
I spoke to a lot of different people regarding and some said it does work and some not I think it demends on the person. But I was the same as you I would try anything to get rid of my anxiety.
Good Luck

Joan

jocutts
13-02-09, 18:49
Really glad its working for you Joan.
Jo.xx:yesyes:

Kirst
13-02-09, 19:09
Hi,

I had several sessions of hypnotherapy to overcome my lack of confidence after being very depressed for sometime I gained weight and my confidence dropped until I no longer wanted to go out into public at all.

The hypnothearpy although a little expensive was brilliant and boosted me back to my old self again he also recommended Rescue Remedy which I found helped alot aswell.

ccc28
15-02-09, 20:03
Really helped to relax me straight after my first session and was given an eft thing to try which works sometimes when I'm at work to take worry away...

Going again tomorrow, it was relaxing and I'll give it a few more sessions to see how it goes.

Mind is still working overtime.

psychocandy
16-02-09, 11:28
I had it but it didnt work for me but i was probably at my worst when i went and couldnt relax.
Give it a go if your like me you will try anything once!!
I have just started a new book by Dale Carnegie called How to stop worrying and start living and think along with claire weeks self help for your nerves it is really good.
Take Care
Jo.xx

Do you like the Claire Weekes book then?

I thought it was awful. Patronising and outdated....