PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I just feel normal?

nervousliss
03-02-09, 13:44
Hi Everybody
I am so glad I found this site....Here is a little about me. I've always had anxiety but over the past few months its really been bad. I just had a baby (well he's 9 months old) and I would say about 2 months after he was born my anxiety really started to take control of me. It started with the pains in the chest can't breathe, so I went to the dr and he did an ecg and came back perfect. He said just anxiety coming back...he is very aware that I am an anxious person. He said you just had a baby your life has changed so much.
So then about a month later I started to get tingly feelings all over my body, my arms and legs felt heavy, twitches all over body, aches and pains everywhere. So then I googled..I know really bad, bad idea and I self diagnosed myself with ms or even worse als. Went to the dr and he said really this is all your anxiety and googling will make it much worse. He did an neuro exam...perfect all of the bloodwork I could of possibly had...perfect!! He said if it would make me feel any better he could send me for an mri, so I went and you know what...perfect!!
So you would think that after having every test done I would just accept that this is anxiety and I have to let it go....I just can't. I am always saying this has got to be something...anxiety doesn't feel like this. I sometimes feel like I can't go out because something might happen to me while I'm out. I feel like my son will grow up without his mommy!! I hate feel like that. I'm only 29...I shouldn't feel like this.
I also, get this feeling in my right leg like it is numb but not. I could feel it, it kind of feels like the muscle is numb?? Does that make sense? It so hard to explain....maybe sciatica? It doesn't last long. I'll notice it when I am walking and then it goes away. But sometimes I will dwell on it and it lasts longer.
Well, sorry for the long post but I'm hoping someone feel like me. :weep:
Thanks guys!!

lisad77
03-02-09, 14:39
hi there. im 31 with 2 kids and like u i feel the same i have been to hospital and doctors so many times with chest pain. my symptoms or terrible i get pain/tightness/heavy feeling in chest numbness and pains in arms hands face pain in jaw shortness of breath headache fellin sick and dizzy feel like im just gonna drop down dead every day. i wake up and there is always somethng wrong with me im in fear all the time so ur not alone mate believe me it is horrible isnt it

vikkij21
03-02-09, 19:09
hi, your right this site is a godsend, I found it a couple of months ago, its great to know there are other people with this anxiety out there.
I am 29 and have a daughter who is 2 now and I also found my anxiety got worse after she was born, i am petrified that something will happen to me, and constenly covinced I have some life threatening illness, I get pains in my lower back and like you the longer I dwell on it the longer it lasts. so you are deffinatly not alone, xxx

elitest
05-02-09, 14:43
I always have something be it chest pain jaw pain breast pain I am worried sick evrytime I find a mark on my skin or a headache...its torture...my 93 yearold mother in law and her 94 yearold husband say they just dont worry and that I am naughty for worrying I wish I could be serene but I just get soooo wound up...then I drink wine ro try and relax then I get scared Im drinking too much and it will give me breast cancer then Im just awful.....aaaarghhhh!

vikkij21
05-02-09, 17:13
wine seems to be my answer at the moment, prob not the best but its nice just not to be worrying for a while xx

pilot590
05-02-09, 18:04
hi i know what you going through with chest pains i have the same problems ive just finished a course of cbt it has helped a little in understanding the cause of anxiety ive still a long way to go but i believe im on the right track to recovery