PDA

View Full Version : acknowledge why

vernon
14-07-05, 14:22
Why do some people post in for advice then not even acknowledge you have replied to them? I have seen me write a long post for about half an hour then you don’t see that person again or they just write more posts asking for advice and help. Couldn’t they at least reply to a post and say thank you or just acknowledge people have tried to help and reply to there post? Thanks all. Vernon

tt
14-07-05, 14:25
Very good point Vernon. Any type of acknowledgement would be
nice.

TT:)

TT:)

trac67
14-07-05, 14:45
Hey Vern,
I agree with you totally hun, it is so nice when someone gives you some feed back as to how they are doing when you have replied to their post, especially if you have been of some help to them.
Speak to you soon,
Take Care ,
Trac xx:D

vernon
14-07-05, 15:08
Yeh seen me writing and giving info even looking up on net for links for some and then just no reply lol. isnt it anoying.

seh1980
14-07-05, 15:40
I agree 100% Vern - it's very annoying!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
14-07-05, 15:46
Nic and I do personally PM and email the worst offenders for this Vern but very often people just visit us when they're in crisis and then not for days/ weeks later and then repost almost the same things again- and I'm so with you on this - its a real PITA and not helpful to us or their progress.

If I don't catch something on the first day I often look back under 'members' and 'last visit' to see when they last logged on and if they've not been back since posting - I don't make the extra effort.

I have no problems at all with people reposting the same fears again and again provided they do acknowledge its a reocurring issue and are trying to take on board advice and peoples experiences. Some of the symptoms are terryifying and cannopt be reassured about overnight and can occur intermittantly.

It is also MOST helpful if people also repost on their old post if its the same issue and within a few days of the last one as it keeps the story together for future members and so we can keep track of them, never mind the space issue

Nic did send a universal Pm out about this too not long ago as we'd been having a whinge together on msn about it.

Anyone have any ideas what we can do to prevent/ assist on thsi issue.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
14-07-05, 18:29
Vern

I think Meg has summed it up.

We find it hard cos we read every single post and so remember all the previous posts about the same thing.

I too get a bit despondent when someone comes here, gets loads of replies and then disappears again. I do email these people and ask them to pop back and read their answers.

Repeated posts about the same thing are also hard to keep up with and made even worse when no acknowledgement is made that they have even read the replies.

You will notice that Meg and I refer people to previous posts as well as this gives a wide range of replies about specific issues.

Meg - in the Welcome topic it does say about keeping a thread going and not starting new ones and I think it says that in the "How to post" topic as well. I guess people don't read it that well.

Not sure we can prevent it apart from continually asking people to try and stick to a few simple forum rules.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

stimpy
15-07-05, 03:17
I think some people are so busy worrying about stuff they just forget.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

BrandyK
15-07-05, 03:31
Yes Vernon you are right. They should acknowledge the people that tried to help them atleast. A thankyou would be great! But maybe they are really busy with themselves worrying and such! I know that I looked for help on this great sight many times. And hopefully said thankyou to all the help I got!

Great Point Vernon!!!!!

Brandy

"Never give up the Fight!"

Sax
15-07-05, 07:17
Hi Vern,

I hope I haven't been a culprit in this because I thoroughly appreciate it when people bother to read and reply to anything I have posted! I think the support one receives on this site is overwhelming and a huge relief and help to lots of folk!

Sax

mumof4
15-07-05, 15:01
i agree verorn thats why i dont post alot. i always come bk and reply and say tks for helping me. its manners.

vernon
15-07-05, 20:34
yes teylor it has put me off at time but the odd one you do help and they say thanks it does make you feel so much better? Trouble is if you stop posting think of the ones you do help? like us we have all got help from someone at some time if we all get fed up with no thanks noone would help none? How is the teeth now? I have an appointment monday lol with a dentist which advertises help for anxiouse people and as I know they cant do any treatment becouse i have just had eye surgery wil go and see if i can get on with them. I told them when i phoned about me just having surgery so they are willing to see me, give xrays and just talk about my fears. take care. Vernon

Karen
15-07-05, 21:50
Perhaps a separate topic could be posted in the welcome section suggesting people keep a thread going if it is about the same subject, rather than starting new ones.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mumof4
16-07-05, 14:09
hi vernon my teeth are not to sore the now if i watch what i eat i have the dentail hospital on tue.

good luck on mon.