PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Only: HA and Periods

rb1978
04-02-09, 20:07
I'm getting really freaked out at the moment; it should be the time of the month and I've had a couple of pains but the actual thing itself hasn't arrived. It's just been a tiny bit of spotting so far. I am feeling pretty stressed and down at the moment over one thing and another. The past two months just seem to have been a constant chain of things going wrong and it's starting to get to me.

On top of this my stomach has been majorly upset lately so now I'm putting two and two together and thinking something is seriously wrong.

I do find my right hip/groin area tends to be a sensitive spot and I've kind of started getting convinced that this is cancer or something. Sometimes I get a kind of twingeing spasm in that area as well. Not painful not noticeable. I've had it years with no other symptoms but now my poor little brain has decided I've got ovarian and or cervical cancer. I had an ultrasound years back that covered the area where the spasm occurs and there was nothing out of the ordinary.

I kind of decided if this period came OK, that would be proof of things being fine but it hasn't so now I'm scared stiff.

Can HA actually STOP a period coming?

Jan63
04-02-09, 21:09
I'm going through exactly the same thing as you at the moment. It was last October since I had a period and although I've had no spotting I've also had twinges in that area that you mention and it seems a bit tender and I've convinced myself it might be ovarian or cervical cancer.:weep: I also think if my period came it would be okay but goodness knows when that's going to happen.:unsure:

How many weeks are you overdue? Anxiety can make periods late.:hugs:

vikkij21
05-02-09, 18:11
I am going through a similar thing at the moment convinced I have cervical cancer, my periods have been all over the place for the past 6 months after coming off the depo injection, I had what I would say was my 1st normal period this month, but that hasn't put my mind at rest, cause now I am getting twinges ect, trying to pluck up the courage to go to the drs. I know exactly how you feel I am scared stiff, god ha is awful xx

rb1978
05-02-09, 20:33
I am about 2 weeks overdue. I thought things were starting this morning but nope, just a bit of spotting.

I am so trying not to Google ovarian or cervical cancer because I know the symptoms will be what I've got then I'll be even more terrified.

I keep getting a griping ache as well but I suspect that could be my tummy as it comes on at a similar time each day and then things feel gassy and it goes.

amu
06-02-09, 01:42
Anxiety can make your cycle irregular... you must have heard of it, that some people don't get their periods for months because of stress?

hm1177
06-02-09, 13:13
yes HA can stop periods. Mine disappeared in 2007 but now they are back and more regular than ever! Its funny how us ladies moan about our monthly bleeding but when it goes on holiday we moan! No pleasing us eh? :D

fally
06-02-09, 23:46
I've just posted on this................

Mine haven't stopped but were very light and only lasted 2.5 days ...... so believe me even if they came but weren't perfectly 'normal' you would still panic......I am !