PDA

View Full Version : Smile

Gregor
04-02-09, 20:04
Hi Everyone,

I thought i should post on here something positive for a change! Today is my birthday and, despite my ageing years, i've decided to use this as a springboard for happiness.

My wife gave me a card this morning which said - although in Spanish - 'Smile'. Today, everytime i feel a little down or i feel my anxiety coming on a bit, i think about my card - or, rather, i think to myself that it is my birthday and i should smile.

Tomorrow, of course, birthday will be over, but i should continue that philosophy of smiling - be happy. I'm told that the more you smile, the happy you will feel (if not straightaway, then eventually). I believe that to be true. Also, the happier you generally are, the less anxiety you feel. All about positive thinking...

So, that's my words of wisdom for the day!

Gregor

ladybird64
04-02-09, 22:18
Thanks for the words of wisdom Gregor and I hope you have had a very happy (and smiley :) ) birthday!

I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to take your advice..trouble is my smile seems to feel a bit "forced" ie it doesn't want to involve the rest of my face!
I shall just have to practice. :D

sunshine-lady
05-02-09, 16:04
Hi
Hope you had a very happy birthday and are still smiling:laugh: Smiling certainly is good for you.

Sending you love:bighug1: and best wishes xxx

daniela
05-02-09, 16:06
Happy Birthday Gregor......All the best. :)