PDA

View Full Version : I think I do have it!

BrandyK
15-07-05, 04:00
Hi,

In January I broke my upper arm in a sledding accident. 3 weeks later I had my first panic attack! after that I have never been the same since. I had extreme anxiety everyday. I went to the doctors so many times, I thought there was something terribly wrong with me. They prescribed me xanax its like diazepam in the UK. That really didnt even work that good. 7 months later I am still suffering but seem to be getting better. I am on a anti-depressant that treats PTSD! Its called Zoloft in the U.S. and Sertaline in the UK! It seems to be helping me and I only been on it for 2 weeks to far. I also go to behavior therapy to get to the root of the problem.

It's so weird how this has effected my life. I hope that one day I will be the person I was before this happened. I tell myself all the time that it was only a broken arm and it is 100% healed now but seems like there is something holding me up! For awhile I thought for sure I was going to die, but I am still alive now!

Just wanted to tell my story!!!

Brandy

"Never give up the Fight!"

Gareth
15-07-05, 08:32
Hi BrandyK

Thanks for the story. It is very interesting - there seem to be so many ways that anxiety problems can be triggered. It just shows that you never know what is around the corner, doesn't it?!

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, and they are having a positive effect now, so keep up the good work and let us know how you are getting on.

all the best,
Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***