PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself

marktoleman
04-02-09, 21:53
Hi Guys and Gals,

Am obviously a newbie to these forums, but certainly not new to the world of panic attacks/GAD.

I first had panic attacks when I was 19, was prescribed beta blockers and a few sessions of CBT. The tablets never really agreed with me, but the CBT was fantastic. It was pretty obvious at the time what was causing my panic, I was a full time student studying for a degree in Business and IT, was working 40hrs a week on two part time jobs, and was in my first long term relationship.

So roll the clock forward 10yrs to just before my 30th birthday, and I was struck once again with panic attacks, this time though, they were more agressive, and certainly had a stronger hold on me. I was prescribed proprananol(80mg), which I have taken for just under a year now.

I have two beautiful little girls,aged 4 and 18months, am self employed working from home. Only working 20hrs per week. I put my anxiety down to a VERY poor sleep routine. My youngest is in the process of teething, which is keeping her awake at night, and because my daughters share a bedroom(2bedroom house), the eldest is being woke up, which in turns leads myself and my partner to allow her to sleep in our bed. However because I am such a light sleeper, I volunteer myself to the sofa, which in turns leads me to having a bad night sleep.

The reason I came across these forums was a search on whether its safe to take sleeping pills whilst on proprananol(80mg)

Sorry if I have rambled on too much, but thats me.

sunshine-lady
04-02-09, 22:06
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
05-02-09, 09:14
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Southern_Belle
06-02-09, 16:10
Hi Mark,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura