PDA

View Full Version : Fluttering heart beats

Granjakun
05-02-09, 00:34
Well Hi anyone,
I'm 18 I recently quit drinking(I drank alot, like wake up shooting whiskey everyday) I chilled back and focused more on herb, I have done other drugs like X,acid one time, coke a few times,speed,xanax loratabs,etc. I mostly just drank and smoked herb. Anyway I quit drinking completely and I focused more on da herb.....until I had a panic attack I.e. from alcohol withdraws, so now I dont do nothing. anyway that made me freak and I went to a doc he gave me an ekg and took my blood pres. both were all good. So I don't any drugs except smoke anymore. still i get these wacky flutterings and slight pains in my heart. I went for another EKG it was also fine. So now I got anxiety and insomnia, when I lay down I get the weird fluttering sensations, and I jolt back awake! Any ideas, think ima die?

missmandy
05-02-09, 01:36
Hi!
I'm a fellow drinker, but I haven't quit yet. Good for you, that's awesome. If you quite recently, you could still be feeling the effects of withdrawal. What you're describing sounds like PVCs or PACs - look them up on Wikipedia, they're benign. I'm not a doctor but I have some medical training - obviously consulting your doctor is the best thing to do but you've done that, and your tests were clean. You could have Mitral Valve Prolapse, but it's equally benign. An EKG would have shown any significant defect or abnormality so chances are you're safe. They can't accurately diagnose PVCs or ectopic beats unless they monitor you while they actually take place, and that can be hard to time. As someone whose heart thumps away irregularly half the day, I hope I can reassure you that you'll be fine. Lying on my right side helps a little bit. It's hard to cope with the strange heartbeats, especially when you don't know what they are. Good luck!!

Granjakun
05-02-09, 02:51
ahh Thank you so very much, it bothers me day in day out I thought I'd have some kinda cardiac arrest death, I spend countless hours looking up what might be wrong and I'm still super young and got alot ot do. I can't be worrying all the time you know..... And believe me you words helped alot...I wish you well!

missmandy
05-02-09, 03:00
Glad I could help :). I know how bad it feels to wonder if you've damaged yourself somehow - if you've had a clean EKG and have stopped everything else, you're really lucky. PM me if you ever need to talk.

Granjakun
05-02-09, 22:10
Most definitely!