PDA

View Full Version : sitting here again totally paralyzed

evita
05-02-09, 00:50
thinking "this is so scary and new that this has to be something serious".. my feet and hands are freezing, pressure on top of my head, tingling of the scalp and neck/cheek/chin and the bad butterflies...And even though I "know" these are the classic symptoms WHY cant I believe it right now. Im just having visions of somebody finding me in few days lying here on the couch and saying "yes, she was feeling so sick, we should have believed her"...:wacko: I cant believe you can feel this horrible because of anxiety alone, I just cant.. but same story as with so many others, so much money on doctors and nothing...
Have been doing therapy for 3 years,no medication, but now for the first time in those years am left alone..and already in 1 day, suddenly feel like dying. I know, it would be a huge coincidence if by luck something serious would indeed be going on the same day I am alone..why not last week or week before..
and I have been studying anxiety for long and reading these posts for long and still when I start feeling this bad, I dont believe a word :unsure: But when/if i make it through tonight, I once again believe it to be bad anxiety (just to forget it again the next time).
I have used oxazepam just a quarter or so, when ever I feel like I cant move or am in the middle of major panic, but somehow I fear that what if it just "masks" some serious symptoms...
i am sorry for such a negative note but am in middle of freaking out big time.. thank you for letting me share.

missmandy
05-02-09, 01:41
I'm so sorry! I get the exact same way during attacks - I can't believe any of my rational thought. I hope you feel better - PM me if you need to talk!!

Anxious_gal
05-02-09, 03:06
maybe go into the chat room?
the feeling will pass, try watching t.v or have a hot drink, anything distracting.
sorry your not feeling well x

evita
05-02-09, 03:22
thank you, a hot tea sounds great. missmandy has been helping me out, feel a bit calmer. what an amazing forum :) I have been reading this forum a long long time and getting a lot of strenght from it but this is the first time Im writing, everything was just too much and I thought that here I could talk about this without feeling ashamed. Thank you

Anxious_gal
05-02-09, 03:58
ya i find it easier to talk to the people here about anxiety stuff.
least here someone will always understand.
that's good your feeling better

choliver
05-02-09, 11:01
the best thing about this forum is that you know you are not going mad and that lots of other people have been through the same things.read the threads they have helped me.

Blot
05-02-09, 14:15
Hi there Evita,
Just know that you are not alone. I really have had so much support from the folks on this website since I joined at the beginning of this week. A vproblem shared is often made less formidable.
xBlotx