PDA

View Full Version : Liver or stomach cancer

geddy
05-02-09, 16:54
Im sooooooo worried, am totally convinced i have cancer, im 35 and eat a healthy diet, but over past 2 months have had dreadful stomach problems.
Dreadful heartburn and trapped wind.....doc had put me on tablets to reduce my stomach acid. Had been perfect until yesterday when it all flared up again. And f course i got anxious as a result, and i fear tthis has made the situation worse!!!

Im so scared......the pain and ache are mainly on my right side under my ribs :weep:

lisa24
05-02-09, 17:09
Hiya!!!

I dont think u have cancer!! are u coughing up any blood?? ive had ulcers and a stomach acid problem for 2 years now. i was put on an acid reducin tab call lansoprazole. i was taking 1 day for 6 weeks. at first it was workin, then gradually my symptoms came back. my dose was then doubled and again i had the same effect. I am going for an endoscopy tomorrow to find out whats going on!! I too get very bad wind, especially at night and i get pains in my stomach, especially in the morning. but i havnt lost any weight. have u lost any weight? how long have u had this problem for?

xxx

geddy
05-02-09, 17:27
Im on same tablet!

As you said fantastic for 2 weeks, but flared up again now.
No not losing weight, not sick etc

Anxiety plays huge part and food i eat!

lisa24
05-02-09, 19:59
yes me too!!! changin the diet helps a bit. cutting out coffee, chocolate, tomatoes, processed food, fizzy drinks, alcohol, smoking, red meat ect....its hard but it helps. i find the more stressed i am the worse it is!! and because i dont know exactly whats going on it makes me worry and stressed out even more. some days im okk but never 100 per cent!! some days i wake up and all day i feel like i havent slept at all. i suggest that u go back to your doctors and ask to be reffered to the hospital for an endoscopy to help put your mind at rest and find out whats going on. ive had this for 2 years and have spoke to others who have had it a lot longer. if u are coughing up blood then that is really serious but if not then try not to worry too much but u do need to get it investigated. i thought i was the only 1 in the world going through this and felt let down by my doctor for not takin me seriously when i felt so bad. but u will be fine!!! i will let u know the outcome of my endoscopy

lisa24
05-02-09, 20:01
i havent lost weight either, if anything ive put weight on!!! im hungry all the time. its when u lose a lot of weight that it becomes worrying

daniela
05-02-09, 20:31
Just an idea, could it be gallstones....are the pains under your rib sharp?

geddy
05-02-09, 22:31
The pain is really sharpe, it starts of as a burning feeling then kinda buils up to a strong hot pain, right through into my back!
But if i jump up and down or go for walk the wind will suddenly shift! I burp like mad and staright away i feel relief!
But for a couple of days after the whole area feels kind of bruised and tender.

lisa24
05-02-09, 22:38
i get a pain in the stomach area when i wake up in the morning and like u when i get up and move around it goes away. i get bad wind and burp like u but the tablets we are on could b makin that worse as a side effect. best thing would be to go back to ur doctor and dont leave intil u get some peace of mind, or a hospital referal

sunshine-lady
05-02-09, 22:59
I suffered with the same symtoms as you describe for years (I don't have HA) but once when on holiday i sarted to vomit blood. This kick started me to go get medical help. I had to have and endoscopy and they found I had a rolling hiatus hernia.

I find that if i sleep with an extra pillow, so I am raised a bit, taking lansoprazole and controlling what I eat/drink has done wonders ... I still burp a lot though.

Please don't worry as this doesn't sound serious.

take care xxx