PDA

View Full Version : I'm so down and sick of things

phil06
05-02-09, 23:54
I feel so down and sick of life. I can't get another job and fed up of the 50th rejection from a woman not interested in me. I just don't know anymore I just feel depressed with life.

I'm full of anxiety. My moods have been quite short tempered lately as I am soo frustrated with life. I feel this year has not taken off.

My anxiety makes me uncomfortable in my own skin with tense, horrible intrusive thoughts and panic attacks returning.

I do really feel I am going, or close to going mad now as am losing patients with life. I am not willing to accept bring miserable, I am fed up fighting and failing and feel burned out. I hate my job but my day off I was soo bored and lonely I felt like being at work In just can't take all this.
What's next? When will i have a clear head, some positive things going my way, and less anxiety? :scared15::doh:

LucyR
06-02-09, 00:23
Hi, What about trying to speak to someone and talking over your troubles, like with someone in the professional field.

fairyfloss
06-02-09, 23:31
hi there phill,it sounds like you are sick of everything at the minute or is that just because you are down?having a girlfriend isnt the be all and end all of everything,perhaps once you start feeling a bit more relaxed and calmer then meeting a lady may just come naturally when you are least not expecting it.I agree with licyR in her thread,have you tried to get help from professionals,they can help you to put things into prospective and one thing at a time.good luck anyway x

Bill
07-02-09, 00:06
having a girlfriend isnt the be all and end all of everything,

Perhaps that highlights one of the differences between men and women....or simply that individuals have different priorities but I agree that it often seems the more we want something, the more it stays away whereas if we try not to think about it, it often just seems to happen when we don't expect it.

Perhaps just like anxiety, the more we try to fight against it, the more it bullies us but if we ignore it, it ignores us.

Two things I heard recently - 1) To conquer our demons, we first have to bring them out to understand them so we can learn how to defeat them. 2) Anxiety isn't our enemy - the enemy is ourself. In other words, we create our anxieties by the way we think so to conquer anxiety is to change the way we think.

I truly sympathise with how you feel because many a time I feel the same but life is like the lottery - we have to be in it to win it no matter how many millions to one are against us because there is always that chance that we'll strike the jackpot and meet someone with like minded priorities who is also feeling frustrated at never winning! The 51st could be the lucky number - who knows!....but one thing in your favour is that at least you're a "free man" who can still enter into the lucky draw!:winks:

phil06
07-02-09, 01:11
Thanks I think what has been said does help I do need to relax. I just feel like this right now and want to get it off my chest...

The fact my life isn't going quite to plan I feel this could perhaps be triggering how I feel/my anxieties. I feel I want to settle and move on in life but I don't have luck and I'm full of anxieties like HOCD thoughts, cleaning OCD's, worries, negative thoughts, fears of going mad/manic depressed. The stress probably increases anxiety as it has got worse over the last 6 months in it's intensity with worrying.

My problem is I have been unable to find a long term relationship for about almost two years now and that means a fair amount to me. It just makes me miserable. I have more things now than I did then but I feel you can't buy love and a nice g.f. I end up trying to hard.

My head is just all over the place right now. I am making an effort to change my life to put it in the picture I am taking driving lessons and even they have been cancelled due to the instructor not feeling well so I can't do that and I have fears of driving. Took me two years to take lessons now I feel like giving up and going back to square one.

I just feel so insecure, hate my job but don't want to be unemployed. I just fear the worst. My life could be worse but it could be better or even worse.

It would be easier if I had a little luck I may feel more positive. I just don't know where to go or what to do these days. I feel anger and stress right now. If it's not one thing bothering me one day it's another issue the next it's never ending. I have very few good days now. I end up taking my bad moods out on other people.