PDA

View Full Version : newbie

calorgasdave
06-02-09, 04:31
just lost my daughter in a car acident and am starting to have panic attacks...any advice on how to prevent/control tham????many thanks

Pixette
06-02-09, 06:00
Hi There,

I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through at the moment, so sorry for your loss.

A book that may help you - self help for your nerves by Dr Claire w
Weeks helps you to understand a lot about panic attacks and how to cope with them. It literally saved me and this web site is invaluable too.

i do hope you have someone close who is supporting you through this very difficult time.

:bighug1: hug for you xx

Forrest Gump
06-02-09, 14:34
I'm so, so sorry to hear this, I'm out of words.

Breathing techniques helps me a bit, to try and breath slowly with my stomach and not my chest, breathing out for a longer time than breathing in. Sometimes I breath out into my hand to slow the air down. Feels a bit warm too, kind of comforting.

Distractions is another help for me, to do everyday stuff just to keep my thought from repeating and escalating the anxiety.

As mentioned, this website is really helpful too.

My thoughts are with you.

Blot
06-02-09, 15:41
Gosh, how tragic - my thought are with you. Have you thought of going to a therapist or bereavement counsellor so that you can verbalise your sadness?

Like our other members, I find that breathing exercises help. I have a journal which is a way of putting on paper my feelings & thoughts that I may not wish to share with others.

:hugs:

gofishing
06-02-09, 16:46
Dave,
Sorry...i don't know what to say. My tears are with you.

Do you belive in God? If you do, hold on to him. He will take care of his own child in the Heaven, and she will wait to meet you when you get there. Our life is not ours. The lives of our children are not really ours, All are owned by our God. And he gives and takes away...and we just need to ask mercy and grace and give thanks....give thanks the time you shared with your daughter for even those short time. We just don't understand, but still we need to trust his plan and Heaven.
(The Hymn, 'when peace like a river attendeth my way' ---or it is called 'it is well with my soul' ---has power to heal this sadness through the composer's tragedic experence.
Links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaar6Ij55ig
or
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8957276 )

If you do not believe in God, I don't know what will help in this tragic moment. Find somebody whoever will listen to your feeling. Therapist or Pastor or Priest who so ever. You need to express/share your sadness to somebody...not just with your wife. You'll need to get strong. Maybe, try to find some support group who already lost their children. Certainly you're not alone.

I pray for you, God bless you,

dmckinney
07-02-09, 03:24
****Gofishing**** Amen that is all I can say!