PDA

View Full Version : Hi

nikkipops
06-02-09, 16:09
Hi, quite new here, I joined nearly a year ago but didn't make much use of the forums.

These last few days it's really helped me, I would say I have issues mainly with general anxiety and panic disorder, but there are elements of depression, compulsive behaviour, social anxiety and post-traumatic stress to how I'm feeling. I'm currently experiencing panic attacks more than once a day, feeling a little agoraphobic, sleeping badly (waking from nightmares and panic attacks) and I'm completely exhausted trying to keep on top of coursework. I've had a pretty bad year, with normal stresses of moving and uni life, but also I've also suffered a miscarriage and and experienced rape (the two things are completely unrelated).

Anyway, I'm trying to move on with these things and manage day-to-day, so any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated. It's great to know that other people can understand how I feel, and I hope I can help others from what I've been through.

Nikki

Southern_Belle
06-02-09, 16:38
Hi Nikki,

Glad you joined NMP. You have suffered two very traumatic experiences this past year and if I were you I would get some counseling. I don't think you will get beyond those two issues until you do. You know you will find support here. Please just try and take it one day at a time.

Best wishes,

Laura

sunshine-lady
06-02-09, 17:19
Hi Nikki

Sorry you have had so much to deal with in the last year. I must agree with Belle, I think it would help you greatly if you sought some counseling to help you process your issues.

Take care xxx

nikkipops
06-02-09, 19:02
Thank you for your support. I do see a counsellor, but I have been unable to talk to her about everything that is causing me problems. I know I'll have to talk about it sooner or later (and that sooner would be better).

xxx

kittykat
07-02-09, 12:02
Hi there Nikki and welcome to the site, xx

weeble40
07-02-09, 19:12
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Patty
08-02-09, 11:11
Hi Nikki, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a difficult time.

Best wishes xx :bighug1: