PDA

View Full Version : Please can someone reassure me!!!

jellybean43
06-02-09, 18:42
Hi
Well I thought I had my HA under control. I had CBT last year and for the past couple of months I have definately being feeling a lot better----putting loads of the councellors tips in to practice.The fear of lymphoma really does seem to be going but last night I had another major blip.
I first noticed that my right thigh(the outside of right thigh) seemed slightly bigger and more muscly than the left. I have had a tape measure out and to be fair it actually measures less than the left one:blush: however to look at it it does look bigger.
I noticed it for the first time about 5 weeks ago. Nothing has changed other than last night in the shower i started looking at it again. Now i am convinced it must be a blood clot with sitting on the computer!!!! My poor hubby has told me it is just a muscle and that it looks just the same as it always has!!! It doesnt hurt, it isnt red -----but it definately looks bigger than the other side and harder/more muscly. OMG I am freaking out!!
Any advice??
Thanks x
I have made a Drs appt for Monday morning----much as i dont like to keep going as i was only there the other week regarding my CBT.

bottleblond
06-02-09, 19:13
Hiya Mate

I think deep down you know it's not a blood clot but your HA is telling you otherwise.

Seriously...you don't have a blood clot mate and you have to try to convince yourself of that. If you had a blood clot in your leg, it certainly would not measure smaller than the other leg.

I know it's really difficult for you but you have to stop checking. You have convinced yourself that there is a problem so you need to try break the cycle, the more you focus on it and check it, the longer this particular issue with stay.

C'mon hun, you kicked butt before and i just know you can do it again.

Love and hugs

Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

hm1177
06-02-09, 19:28
I think probably everyone has one thigh bigger than the other. My right thigh is ever so slightly bigger than the other too. Same with my feet, my hands etc. Try not to worry about this :yesyes:

RosieXXX
06-02-09, 19:33
Hello,

It is nothing more than one of those nasty blips. You first noticed it five weeks ago, and if it was a clot your leg would definitely be red and hot, and by now you certainly would have symptoms.

I know how difficult it is when we get these horrible set backs - they come like a bolt out of the blue and it knocks us of course. You have been doing so well, don't check anymore, leave it alone, trust your husband's judgement - it is just the same as it was five weeks ago, and it is only muscle - extremely common to have one muscle appear bigger than the other.

Will be in touch soon. x x

jellybean43
06-02-09, 22:15
Hi
Aww thanks everyone for the great replies.
I think I know it is the HA kicking in again and that i need to tell myself that "I am ok".
I know that the sensible side of me says that if it was a blood clot i would be in pain after 5 weeks and it would definately be red. It is the HA side that needs telling!!!
Thanks again---feel a lot better this evening xx