PDA

View Full Version : diagnosed as ovulation pain??...

horses4mehorses
06-02-09, 18:55
Hi All

Just found this site - I'm so glad. I need to have a chat with ladies who may have experienced the same thing as me......

I'm 35. Been TTC for 1 year but stopped Sept 08 as am getting married Aug this year. About 3 months ago I suddenly got horrendous pain in my left pelvis. It felt tender & I had a numb sensation down my left leg. Normal pain killers didn't touch it. I went to the doctors & they sent me for a scan - infact I was so worried, I went for a private scan which I arranged for the day after seeing the doc and also had the NHS scan - they both came back normal/clear. I was advised it was ovulation pain and to take pain killers. However, my next ovualtion cycle was so painful I went back to the docs again and they prescribed me prescription painkillers. I was told everything was fine so deal with it. I have had a cyle in between times with not much pain.....thank god. However, I now have another cyle and the pain is agony. It has been going on for the last 10 days (as it did before). I have been back to the docs twice in the last week. 1st time I was told to keep taking the painkillers and today they told me to do a wee sample to check my kidneys as it does appear to be extended ovulation pain........I don't think my kidneys are the problem though. Does/has/ can anyone out there give me advice? I am terrified it is to do with my fertility & that is why I have not conceived & there is perhaps a more sinister cause to all this.....please help!

xx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

pooh
09-02-09, 15:23
Hi there I was recently in hospital with a similar kinda pain that started in my left pelvis area except it didnt go into my leg it went up into my stomachand round my back. I got the all clear for an ectopic pregnancy and no ovarian cysts and was in hospital for a colonoscopy and barium enema looking for possible diverticulitis. That came back negative too. I did hopwever have a really bad infection and had to get antibiotics for that. I still get the odd niggle but nowhere near what it was like in terms of pain. it was so bad I couldn't walk. Perhaps suggest to your docotr the possibility of this but dont go worrying about it and dont google it if you suffer from health anxiety. Funny I'm a year older than you too maybe we are premenapausal LOL

take care

Pooh x

Natalie2009
06-03-09, 19:39
Hiya i have suffered with many gynaecology problems since the age of 17 im now 21 and the pain is still the same after severall laparoscapys they have found out that i have polycystic ovories, endrometreosis and very badly scarring of my right fallopian tube. My advice to you hun is to keep going back to your doctor and tell them exactly how much pain your in and tell them u need to get to the bottom of this.. i hope every thing goes ok 4 u hun xxxx