PDA

View Full Version : new to propranolol

strawberrybunny
06-02-09, 19:13
Hi all

My doc has advised I go on propranolol today, i'm a little worried as have read all the side effects but decided to give them a go anyway. The long and short of it is I've been feeling spaced out and lightheaded for 2 weeks now, so much so feel like i could passout!been back and forth to the docs to try and get it sorted as I was scared its something worse. He has re-assured me its nothing serious (even though i havent had any blood tests done apart from hormones) and thinks I suffer from anxiety and I need to relax. Has anyone had the same symptoms as me (lightheadedness/spaced out?) and been given propranolol? Or could it be something else? I just feel quite worried and not sure what it could be. Pls feel free to msge me or email. thanx xx

tryingtocope
08-02-09, 21:57
Hi there,

Just wanted to say that i suffer from panic attacks and anxiety too. Im on propanalol at the minute, i have light headedness and a spaced out feeling but it is because of my anxiety (had it long before the propanalol!) Your doctor should know if it's anything to worry about. Could just be the anxiety having these effects on you!

Good luck

tryingtocope
08-02-09, 21:59
Sorry, i thought you were thinking it could be an effect of the propanalol.

Yes this is unfortunatly very common with anxiety, and nothing to worry about! Give the tablets a go, they might help ease it.

strawberrybunny
11-02-09, 21:16
I've now beenn on propranolol for nearly a week. Has anyone had any side effects? Ive been feeling quite sleepy in the evenings. Does anyone know why you cant come off propranolol without doctors permission?