PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Speaking

dohertpk
06-02-09, 22:05
Hey just wondering if anybody can relate. The past two weeks or so I've been feeling like I've been having a lot of trouble talking/speaking.It's like I cant find the words or get them out and when I do it's like someone else is saying them. I get a lot of depersonalisation and was just wondering is this a part of it for anyone else. I'd really appreciate anyone who can empathise!

CJH86
06-02-09, 23:39
Hi, i recently replied to some other posts on Depersonalisation and derealisation its surprising how many people experience it!!

It is an interesting subject for me as ive suffered from it quite often since i was 11 and had a very bad episode of it which lasted over a month recently (i still have it but am recovering) which seemed to be sparked by a flu-type virus. For practically the whole month my sentences would come out jumbled, id use the wrong words and couldnt even string a sentence together sometimes. Also my own voice and other peoples voices would sound 'alien' a to speak and my short term memory went completely blank at times....naturally i got anxious about it (thinking it was neurological) and the more i worried the worse i got:blush:

Dont know if this is similar to your experiences? Hope you feel better soon anyhoo x