PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobes/Germphobes... a question

HighwayMiles
07-02-09, 06:28
How do you deal with your significant others or other people who live with you? Do you drive them crazy? Do you make them wash as soon as they come home? Make them shower a lot? Are you ever afraid of getting intimate with them because you think they're germy? And how do they deal with you? Do they tolerate it? Hate you for it? Is it putting a strain on your relationship?

t0rt01se36
07-02-09, 13:13
I tell my Parents to wash their hands alot. I have OCD and Emetophobia.

Angelai
08-02-09, 14:15
I just don't live with anyone, it's easier :D

Occasionally I'll let a friend stay over, but they won't be allowed to drink much (alcohol) or eat anything risky. I think they're used to me now!

Mum will always let me know if she's not well - not so that I can go help her, just to warn me to stay away. And the sympathy only comes after I know that I'm not 'at risk'. About 18 months ago she had salmonella and was REALLY unwell. Something came over me and I just went to hers and dealt with it. She ended up going to hospital, and when she came home she gave me a beautiful, gorgeous kitten as a thank you/proud of you present! When I'm really low I give him an extra cuddle to remind myself that I CAN cope. Sometimes :yesyes: