PDA

View Full Version : palpaations i can't cope no more

burley
07-02-09, 12:48
Hi please help for 3 years I have had palpataions, chest pain, panic attacks and fast pulse. I had lots of tests 24hr monitor, ecgs and went private to see cardiologist and had scan which showed no calcium. My GP put me on 20mg citroplan for 3 months as i have been back due to the pains and palps he wants to increase to 40mg also gave me diazapan but I really don't know wht to do as the tablets are not working. I am obsessed that I'm going to die of heart attack the palps scare me so much they are like a massive butterfly trying to jump out of my chest. I'm driving my family, the gp's up the wall but these pains are what are getting me down and from the moment i get up i'm just waiting for the palps its ruining my life i don't want to go out alone incase i drop down dead please help I can't cope no more is this anxiety.
:scared15:

kawasaki kid
07-02-09, 15:19
hi burley

i no things are hard for you right now with the palps........I and everybody else on here who suffers this dreadfull sympton has been there........i get bouts of ectopics (missed beats/double beats) feels like a thud in your chest......it seems once they start im stuck with them for nearly two weeks then they pass off and dont get any for a while....strange

anyway when all this first started i think i had a massive panic attack for weeks.......now im not one to panic but that was awfull.........i was so worked up my vision was impared, things kept going out of focus, i had shakes, wobbly on my feet,always tired,really depressed and everyday these things would be constantly on my mind as soon as i woke till i went to bed.....

had all tests and told normal, dont worry, so these palps stopped and went back to being normal.....(if i am normal).......6 weeks pasted and nothing.....then out of the blue they came back.....but i new they didnt kill me last time and that they passed off.....so if that was the case they'd pass again.....and they did, after 8 days they went......back to being me...

I supose what im trying to say is that many many people suffer from some kind of palpitation......anxiety feeds the palps more than anything else....so if you can and i no its hard believe me i no, try and keep yourself calm with them....let them take there coarse and pass... try and keep busy and put your mind else where.......stay off caffine, alcohol, chocolate and nicotene....as these are all stimmulants and effect palps.......hope you start to feel better soon......if you need to chat just give me a pm...take care chris

Utility
07-02-09, 16:01
Hi

As Kawasaki Kid said it has to be a case of trying not to focus on it and calm yourself down.
What you are describing is very common to people on this forum and all will say to you that it is anxiey and nothing more sinister.
The fact is, you even say yourself, that it only comes on as soon as you waken up. This proves it is a case of mind over matter. You are feeding a fear that has got temporarily out of hand. It will pass and by having faith in what the doctors have told you is a big step in the right direction.
You have had these feelings for 3 years now and I can assure you that if there was anything wrong with your heart you would have easily know about it within 3 weeks, never mind 3 years.

valleybear
07-02-09, 16:33
Hi again Burley
These symptoms really are very common in anxiety. I know that doesn't make it any easier to put up with them..at one time I was getting them hard and fast like you and no matter how many times I was told they were harmless.. they wore me down. Mine went away for years and then popped back for a few months then went again..I have them a bit at the moment but try to ignore them..as well as follow all the diet advice others have given. I even resorted to saying out loud "Go away and don't bother me..I'm not going to worry about you"...sounds daft, but it calmed me and re-enforced the fact that they will pass and that they are caused by anxiety. Good luck and hope you start to feel a bit better soon.X