PDA

View Full Version : pressure and tension

angieuk
07-02-09, 14:11
I am suffering from a lot of pressure and tension in my face and head. I woke up this morning with a headache and stuffed up nose. I couldnt hardly move my shoulders and neck. I have been getting a lot of feelings of pressure and tightening in my forehead and down the sides of my nose especially. It feels like someone is squeezing and pinching my nose. I wake up in the morning with my jaw clamped shut and have actually broken off a couple of teeth. I think I probaby need a tooth guard.
Does anyone else suffer with the weird pressure and squeezing on the sides of their nose. It feels like a sort of numb feeling. Is it the muscles spasming.
I came off valium after 36years on it and have been off nearly three years. I had all this when I first came off it but now its back again.
Its really freaking me out.
Also I am still paranoid about my blood pressure and need to get the courage to go and get it taken. I am so paranoid about it and dont want to take any bp meds if its high. I am scared of side effects of meds.
I lead a totally healthy lifestyle.
Angiex

angieuk
07-02-09, 15:38
Forgot to mention I do have problems with my inner ear also and was diagnosed with Menieres Disease so dont know if any of this is linked.
Angiex

angieuk
09-02-09, 10:11
Hi it seems like no one has had this problem which is concerning. I am not so worried about the tight forehead pressure feeling but has anyone heard of havng a squeezing sensation each side of the nose.
Thanks Angiex

bexy1970
09-02-09, 10:14
hi, i wake up like that most mornings hun, tight jaw, teeth hurting, really bunged up and headache!! i suffer from sinus which gives that tight feeling in nose etc!! think i clench my teeth at nte to as fromt ones really hurt in the morn,, your not on your own its good old tension!! my tabs zispin can cause nasal dryness as well. xx

brokensoul
09-02-09, 11:18
Hi it seems like no one has had this problem which is concerning. I am not so worried about the tight forehead pressure feeling but has anyone heard of havng a squeezing sensation each side of the nose.
Thanks Angiex

Yes:ohmy: , ive been having that for a month or two now. Like someone is gently pressing either side, on the top of my nose, and its a numb feeling, just near the eyes. Its so anyoing and driving me mad. Does it feel like when you wear a hat and take it off, you can still feel it?

angieuk
09-02-09, 11:29
Thank you for your replies. Good to know I am not alone. It feels like pressure and at the sides of my nose like someone is squeezing it inside like a pressure feelng. I am always stuffed up and wonder if it could be sinus going on. I also clench my jaw so badly. I have broken off lots of teeth recently with it. My neck is also really tight all the time. This is such a horrible symptom. I am doing relaxation and massages my face. I use 4Head sometimes and that seems to help it a bit. Dont know f anyone else has tried that. I am really anxious at the moment after a time of feeling a whole lot better. Hope this goes for all of us soon.
When I went to the doctor a year or so ago with this symptom he didnt have a clue what I was talking about really.
Angiex

Trapped
09-02-09, 12:05
Boy do I ever know what you mean.
This is how it is for me:

As if my head is in a vice,
pressure at nose, temples, jaw, back of head, ear fullness and deafness, clenching and pains which dart around in different places.

woke this morning totally blocked up, nose had bothered me during the night and i had rubbed it and had a nose bleed.

I have been diagnosed with tmj, have you heard of it ?

dmckinney
20-02-09, 01:02
Yes I have also been diagnose with TMJ its a little better. Instead of getting treatment I just deal with it like massaging my jaws and face. My jaws are full of tension along with behind my ear is lumps, there is tension in my neck to that will not go ahead when I turn my neck you can hear the bone and grating noise, sore and annoying. The doctor advise me to use a mouth piece but that made it worse bc I was even clenching down the the MP so I deal with to correct it surgically I heard makes TMJ worse

joe112
20-02-09, 12:52
i have the same thing around my head- particuarly focusing on the right side, the constant pressure is really worrying , but i know that when im busy with other things and not concerntrating on it- it tends to go away or at least i forget about it, i may aswell as my doctor is refusing to give me a scan.:mad: