PDA

View Full Version : Worried about teeth

phil06
07-02-09, 23:53
I am worried about my teeth. They are a bit out of shape and there's one tooth that sticks out at the bottom and it's hard to clean. So it's got a bit red round the gum over the last few months I am worried about gum disease and losing teeth.

Every second time or so I brush my teeth the backs and bums bleed at the bottom I think I may be brushing them too hard.

I am in a bit of a panic about this can anybody help?

lorrifarko
08-02-09, 09:16
Hi phil, my gums bleed alot but im trying to fix the problem. try a good mouth wash that helps prevent gum disease and floss too. See your dentist they will give you advice how to prevent it, if you have gum disease i wouldnt worry it sounds like youve caught it on time. happy brushing x

cheekycharlie
08-02-09, 14:05
Hi Phil,

I would invest in a good mouthwash. Corsodyl is good & recommended by dentists. My bloke's teeth bleed everytime he brushes them & sometimes they bleed in the night & I end up having to wash the flippin bed sheets more often cos they is blood on the duvet where he has pulled it up to his face in the night! He also wakes up with dried blood on his lips but he isn't worried & the dentist have just said he has sensitive gums & he just has them scaled & polished everytime he goes for a check up.

I would say, go see your dentist for a check up & they can advise you better than we can. I just wanted to tell you the story about my hubby so you wouldn't panic. Let us know how you get on. x

cheekycharlie
08-02-09, 14:07
also you say you have a tooth that sticks out & is hard to clean, have you thought about investing in a good electric toothbrush & using interdental floss brushes?

phil06
26-10-09, 19:18
Thought I'd bring this up again. One of my top teeth between the middle ones it sticks out a little because it goes upto the gum and it's thinner at the top and sticks out as it goes down as if it. Plus each of those two teeth at the side are shaped like vampire teeth. :blush:

I know it's nearly Halloween but I guess I'd not need to invest in those fake teeth. :shades:

Is it normal to have such odd shaped teeth?

SleeplessFog
26-10-09, 19:22
Those are your canine teeth I believe. Are there two of them, one on each side? It sounds like you are saying they go up in the gum more than your other teeth?

phil06
03-10-11, 22:03
I have another problem with my teeth:

I was laughing the other week and put pressure on my front two teeth and for a week it's had this pulling/strain at the front teeth. I notice my tongue pushes them forward so whatever I done made them sensitive.

It happened before and it went away but it's not this time yet will i take some time for them to ease up? anybody know? :huh: