PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk/Suffolk

PaulR
08-02-09, 12:04
Hi, Just wondered if there is anyone in the Norfolk/Suffolk area?

PHOBIA MAN
08-02-09, 12:18
Hi Paul, I'm a hypnotherapist in north norfolk, welcome!

cinnamongirl
09-02-09, 19:53
I'm on Suffolk/ West Norfolk border. Hello!

mike83
10-02-09, 00:03
I'm from Suffolk, hardly anyone else is though!

Lotte
19-02-09, 22:47
You all posted ages ago so I don't know if anyone will read my post, but I am new here and I'm in Suffolk. I wondered if there are any meetings or support groups in suffolk?
Thanks

peter34uk
19-02-09, 23:14
Ive just moved from Ipswich, but if you guys wanna do group therapy, im up for it. Say once a month or something!

Lotte
19-02-09, 23:23
I'm definately interested in meeting others. Only problem is one of my biggest fears is travel, but if I can travel on quiet country lanes I'm ok. Lets see what others say :)

jadeyjade
20-02-09, 11:13
newmarket :)

CJH86
20-02-09, 11:46
I hail from the fine city of Norwich!:)

Lotte
20-02-09, 12:13
I've landed up in Haverhill, its not too bad here :)

xBettyBoopx
20-02-09, 17:55
Hi

Sorry only just seen this thread. I am in Ipswich, but I am housebound:weep: :weep: :weep:

Els
xxx

Lotte
20-02-09, 18:23
Els,
Are you able to go out at all of you have a friend you know who you feel safe with?

xBettyBoopx
20-02-09, 19:18
Hi Lotte

Only go to local shops, but I go alone. I have never had a 'safe person', all my so-called friends & family have disappeared, so I'm totally alone.

Els
xxx

PaulR
21-02-09, 00:11
I am near Great Yarmouth. Meeting up with people in the same position as me would be great.

Jemmasizzy
23-02-09, 07:46
I'm from the lovely city of norwich!!

Lotte
23-02-09, 14:55
Hi Lotte

Only go to local shops, but I go alone. I have never had a 'safe person', all my so-called friends & family have disappeared, so I'm totally alone.

Els
xxx

Interesting isn't it how they all seem to fall away when a friend becomes agoraphobic. I had a similar experience, although to be fair when I developed agoraphobia my friends kept inviting me to go out and being unable to they soon sort of gave up. I guess for someone who doesn't unerstand agoraphobia they probably don't know how to help.

I'm lucky that I have my husband and one of my sons totally understands my agoraphobia and this really helps me alot.

I was hopping that if there was a group meeting in future then if you had someone you could go out with and feel safe then they could have come with you. :(

anxious1
27-02-09, 10:38
im from great yarmouth

dawnt
27-02-09, 17:46
:D Hi everyone, I live just outside of Acle, nice and quiet country side... no shops, no pubs no nothing for two miles......:yahoo: love to all Dawn

mick_uk
27-02-09, 20:15
I used to go to the auction in Acle :D

sarahneave
29-03-09, 14:56
I hail from the fine city of Norwich!:)

me too!! well around there anyway :)

Mateba
20-05-09, 16:46
Norwich here too. :)

CJH86
20-05-09, 19:11
Hi Mateba, It is good to hear there are people in/around Norwich on these boards still!:yesyes:

Anyone else live about norwich? A meet up would be awsome for those of us who are up for it - im a bit on the shy side and ot to start tackling my social phobia a bit more!:)

clairescavys
18-09-09, 21:06
Bit late in replying :) , but I live in Norwich. Would be great if some of us could meet up.

maeanna
18-09-09, 21:32
Hey Im from Norwich and London and spent half the week in each!!! I wonder if there are any Emetophobics from Norwich?!!!
Oh btw have any of u guys from Norwich had problems with ur gps taking ur seriously?!!! coz its not until i changed my gp to my London one this week as i was fed up with my Norwich ones brushing me off and not helping me at all yet i went today to my London gp for the first time and she was amazing and so patient and is actually helping me! Where as my Norwich one told me my ocd wasnt that bad and i should think of people in poorer countries which would help my anxiety!!!! Yeah right!!! x

Thorny
19-09-09, 11:27
Hi all,

I live just outside Norwich. Looks as though there are a few people in the Norfolk/Suffolk area. :) A meet up would be good.

matt

clairescavys
19-09-09, 11:34
Hey Im from Norwich and London and spent half the week in each!!! I wonder if there are any Emetophobics from Norwich?!!!
Oh btw have any of u guys from Norwich had problems with ur gps taking ur seriously?!!! coz its not until i changed my gp to my London one this week as i was fed up with my Norwich ones brushing me off and not helping me at all yet i went today to my London gp for the first time and she was amazing and so patient and is actually helping me! Where as my Norwich one told me my ocd wasnt that bad and i should think of people in poorer countries which would help my anxiety!!!! Yeah right!!! x

Hi Maeanne
You're not alone in your Norwich GP not taking you seriously. Years ago I had the best GP back when I lived in Dereham - he was so understanding and referred me to mental health therapies which helped me enormously. But since I've moved to Norwich and had to switch surgeries, my Norwich GP is absolutely useless - she even told me (after various visits where she ignored my problems and basically told me to deal with it on my own) that counselling and various therapies were not provided on the NHS! She just gave me a number for a counsellor who charged between £45-£60 per session, which there is no way I can afford. That's outrageous where your Norwich GP told you about the people in poorer countries - exactly how is that going to help. Out of interest, did you make a complaint about that, as that is unprofessional.

maeanna
19-09-09, 13:39
Hiya yeah i did complain but just got a letter from the head gp in the practice basically saying the gp had not meant that but he meant to make me aware of ways to distract me!? yeah whatever!!! anyway i had the same as u and told to go to private clinic which i did actually take out a loan and pay £100ph to see a psychologist! did it help? not really! since moving to London i have seen a hypnotherapist which was amazing but £135ph i have only been able to go twice! im gonna save up coz i believe that will work for me! Its hard to approach a gp with a phobia and anxiety and is so upsetting to be fobbed off. I wish there were more resources for anxiety and phobias and that gps would understand them!! x

lisa-lane
05-10-09, 22:29
I'm in Norwich, too.
Going through a slightly negative period at the moment. Fortunately though, I recognise it!
I've had depression on and off for the last 10 years at least. I'm pretty sure it's anxiety based. I'm trying to analyse it through (private) counselling. Ironic really, because I am a counsellor
I'm 1 year off Citalopram this month. I've had a bit of an up and down year, but definitly glad to be free of the anti d's.
I was referred for NHS "talking therapy" in August 2007. ... still waiting.
It might be good to meet some others.

cupcakes2009
06-10-09, 11:24
wow lots of people from around here, im from the norfolk/suffolk boarder near Bungay but i havwe Agraphobia :weep: but would be great to hear from others. xx

CJH86
09-10-09, 11:43

I'm definately having problems with GP's in norwich...they dont take me seriously and say they cannot help, i could write pages and pages on the subject :doh: also been waiting for both CBT and counselling here for about 2 years now, even had to be referred for the CBT 3 seperate times as they refused it for some reason :s frustraiting - am meant to treat my own illness?! :lac:

laura23
12-10-09, 17:51
I'm from Dereham, would be great to all meet up!

cc
22-10-09, 11:42
I am in Ipswich, with anxiety and depression. Anyone know of meetups or groups around this area?

Raechy
22-10-09, 21:39
Hi,
I'm nr cambridge...not far from suffolk...would be nice to meet people in the same boat...

Jaymondo
22-10-09, 23:49
Hey folks,

Just joined the forums, I live just outside Norwich. Good to see other "local folk" sharing info.

Laters
Jay

daza.theman
23-10-09, 00:17
hi , i think if i were in norfolk i would be fine , it would heal me trully , i was brought up in wells next the sea, i still go every year for a week, its the only place i think i can really chill with no panick atacks, a walk through the pine forest every morning is only a dream for me, sorry i went off topic :shrug:

lisa-lane
12-11-09, 20:15
I see there are quite a few people in the Norwich area.
Well I'm up for a meeting if it's arranged.