PDA

View Full Version : Thyroglassal Cyst

kpnuts
08-02-09, 22:21
Hi, I know this is going to sound strange, but i had a lump in my neck which was scanned and diagnosed as a thyroglossal cyst. 3 weeks ago, it's as if this cyst has turned into a huge boil on my neck, it has puss coming out of it as if it's the mother of all spots. Should I be worried or just assume that it is my cyst coming out? I'm fed up with visits to the docs as they shrugged off my lump for 6 months before finally sending me for tests and i reckon they will do the same with this. Advice would be helpful.

anxious
08-02-09, 22:30
hi there,

you would probably be better posting this on the health anxiety boards

anx xx

anxious
08-02-09, 22:37
Hi there,
me again, just been lookin at what a thyroglassal cyst is, i read they can get infected so its probably worth a trip to your gp incase you need anti b's. They can also burst of their own accord so this could be happening. I would check it out.
Welcome to the site :)

anx xx

kpnuts
08-02-09, 23:08
ok thanks, sorry i put it on the wrong one... im new :)

thanks again

eeyorelover
09-02-09, 04:13
Don't worry about posting this in the wrong section.
It's been moved to the appropriate section now.
Welcome to the site :)
xxx
Sandy

Trixie
09-02-09, 06:29
Hi, I know this is going to sound strange, but i had a lump in my neck which was scanned and diagnosed as a thyroglossal cyst. 3 weeks ago, it's as if this cyst has turned into a huge boil on my neck, it has puss coming out of it as if it's the mother of all spots. Should I be worried or just assume that it is my cyst coming out? I'm fed up with visits to the docs as they shrugged off my lump for 6 months before finally sending me for tests and i reckon they will do the same with this. Advice would be helpful.

It is good that there is pus coming out of it (don't poke it with out washing your hands first and afterwards). You now need to get antibiotics from the doctor. He will not shrug you off as he will know that you need to have antibiotics or even see a nurse to have it dressed.