PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Kirsty

Kirstycate
09-02-09, 02:16
Hi, my name is Kirsty, I found this website on google, really good to see so many other people that understand what I'm going through.

I've been receiving treatment for depression and social phobia for over 2 years now. I've had a lot of trouble with medication, it seems to get changed every 2-3 months due to side effects.
I've tried different therapies too but feel very uncomfortable doing these, much to the annoyance of my keyworker who always likes to tell me "some people just don't want to get better" if only that was the case!!

I've had my psychiatrist changed several times in the past 2years due to staff shortages too, so that doesn't help much having to explain my medication history and what's been happening etc. I've got an appointment with a new psychiatrist tomorrow, not looking forward to it, I'm sure it'll be ok though.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now, I only intended on a quick introduction...oh well..lol.

Best wishes to everyone,
Kirsty x

Irishhhhhh
09-02-09, 02:40
Hi Kirsty :)

I also have depression and social phobia so you are not alone :hugs:

If you look at the medication section on the forum for advice as alot of people including myself have gone through different medication without finding positive results :weep:

Welcome to NMP and hope being here helps you through your problems :welcome:

kittykat
09-02-09, 09:45
Hi there and welcome to the site , you'll get some great advice on here and meet some really nice folks xx

Patty
09-02-09, 10:50
Hi Kirsty, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

Missy69
09-02-09, 11:16
:welcome: To NMP Kirsty

MistyMaya
09-02-09, 11:40
Hello Kirsty,

Lovely to meet you :welcome: .

Mistyx

Kirstycate
09-02-09, 12:02
Thank you for all the lovely replies :)

It's so good to be able to read other people's experiences, especially with regards to medication and side effects, helps a lot to know I'm not alone :)

Kirsty x

sunshine-lady
09-02-09, 23:35
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:45
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx