PDA

View Full Version : No More Panic ? really?

LisaS
16-07-05, 10:11
hi all,
I have been doing brilliantly lately, going back to work has been great - only a few times with slightly raised anxiety but i've coped with it and often welcomed it as a way of learning more how to deal with it.. but it seems too good to be true! I think I have been so so used to being anxious for so long, this feels odd.
Last night I went to a very busy pub garden with all my girlfriends and had a fantastic time (i even have a bit of a hangover this morning!) but I had not one panic sensation.. this is good you may think but I know that even when i was 'normal' i would get at least a few butterflies about walking into such a busy pub, but I had nothing and I wonder if my meds have taken away any of this feeling and whether I'll have to go thru the learning all over again when I come off them. I feel they have dulled 'normal' anxiety feelings.
I hope this makes sense!?!
thanks girls and guys,
lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

seh1980
16-07-05, 10:13
That's great news Lisa - a big well done to you!! I bet it's a great feeling, huh? :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

adele
16-07-05, 10:23
good for you - i cant wait ill i feel like that!! what meds are you on?

florence
16-07-05, 11:02
Hi Lisa

I know what you're talking about.. anti depressants can definitely suppress some normal feelings/emotions, therefore I bet you feel numb, kinda "blah"...anyway its great that you enjoyed your night out.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

pips
16-07-05, 11:35
Well Done hun,

Good On ya girl! It could have been the med's. Or maybe you have just built up alot more confidence and found that inner strength.

Whatever I am proud you did good!!!!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

henri
17-07-05, 11:09
hi lisa,
wow, that all sounds fantastic! even if the meds you are on "dull" certain feelings/emotions, at least things feel like they're back to 'normal'. also, going out and doing stuff again will increase your confidence and you will be in a better position to deal with things when you do come off the meds. and when you do come off the meds, it will be a gradual process so you'll have time to get used to the change.
i am very excited for you, it sounds like you are doing great!
henri x

LisaS
17-07-05, 17:01
thanks guys it means a lot.
you are right henri, my husband said that slowly coming off meds will give me time.. I just imagine dropping back to the beginning again but i know that wont happen.. i'lll take it real slow when the time comes.
thank you for your continuing support!!
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Meg
17-07-05, 19:10
Lisa

Yes , its true that meds do dull emotions. However, it proves to you these symptoms are purely transient and can be got rid of.. so if when you do come off the meds if you do really struggle again you do have the option of taking them again and that often gives us the motivation to continue trying to get med free but knowing it is there as an option if really really necessary. Enjoy and sdo a smuch a spossible meanwhile and write it all down so you can refer back to it if you need to.

citalopram (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2639)
the lesser of two evils??? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3354)
Feeling flat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3039)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

denise84
20-07-05, 21:47
hi i have mentioned heaps of times on chat that the only time i feel normal and dont get panic attacks is when im drunk, its because obviouly drink effects the brain and switches off from reality but always the next day i feel bad again and im not sure if it is a hangover or the panic. but if it realy is your med that has helped then good on you! xx

dmcgovern

Sue K with 5
20-07-05, 22:20
Congratulations!

this must be such a boast to your confindence, I am now living in hope that one day I will also achieve that goal.

Now you know how to cope with those feeling you will be trained to deal with them better when you come off the medication.

I know what you mean about the control from the medication, but I am sure that once you have started to come off them you will still be able to control
t hose feelings

I am so pleased for you , but if you do have concerns talk to your councellor or your GP who will be able to explain in more detail to you

Good luck and well done

sue with 5

scknight

sal
20-07-05, 23:51
Lisa after all you have being through you have done so well and coped with it. We knew you could and know you know that you can aswell. An inspiration to us all and i am so proud of how much you have achieved.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.