PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and struggling with panic

Faithy
09-02-09, 03:38
Hi all,

It's half three in the morning and I've just found this site after hrs of being unable to sleep due to the panic i'm feeling this weekend.

I've had a few short panic attacks in the past but nothing like this - i'm so frightened. After some receiving some news on sat afternoon i haven't been myself at all and i can't make this awful feeling go away. I feel so sick and i can't function. I'm imagining loads of awful situations and the panic comes over me in waves but never goes away. I'm scaring my mum and fiancee as they've never seen me like this-mind you i'm scaring myself.

I just want to go to sleep and hope this has gone away in the morning but i can't lie still long enough and sleeping tablets haven't worked.

Sorry to post such a negative introduction, i just feel like i'm having a crisis and hoped this would help me to feel like i've got it off my chest.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Faithy

Veronica H
09-02-09, 07:35
:welcome: to NMP. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

Blot
09-02-09, 10:35
:flowers: Hi,welcome to this site, you have come to the right place! I have been a member for only 1 week & I have had support & advice which works!

If you need some sound advice go to the anxiety forum & check out the post from michellemumof4 for exellent tips!

xx