PDA

View Full Version : Lump towards the bottom of my back.

reddevil
09-02-09, 08:30
Hi all,

I was showering Friday evening and I noticed a lump towards the bottom of my back, (on the back bone),
which is what I thought it was at first.

I'm kind of starting to get worried but the medication I'm currently on stops me from panicking like I used to.

This lump is not on the skin but feels underneath and I can only feel it when I bend my back, even the wife has felt it,
so it is not my mind playing tricks.

I'm wondering, should see a doctor or give it at least a few weeks to see if it goes?
I have not been to see a doctor this year and I don't want to get back into that horrid habit of going all the while.

Red

scooby28
28-03-09, 17:14
I would maybe get this look at w few years back i had a lump apper on my body it was basically in my bottom at the bottom of my tail bone this also felt like it was very bruised this lumped in the space of a week when from a tiny lump to a banana shape lump, they said it was an abcess it was under my skin so you couldn't really see it but i could feel it and so could the doc i couldn't sit down properly for nearly two weeks they gave me some antibiotics for this and it slowely went away, i would go get this checked if you can still feel it also my ex used to get these little lump things that he got under his skin he has to have these cut out every now and then but they are nothing to worry about they have a name but i'm not sure what

reddevil
17-06-09, 15:31
Hi all,

I went to see my doctor in February about this lump at the bottom of my back and he said it was an infected hair folicle.

Well, it's June and I still have it, should I just ignore it still or should I go back etc, as I'm not sure if hair follicles disappear.

Red

rainbow
17-06-09, 16:04
Hi, my 2 year old son has a lump on his back, about half way down and almost on his spine. It moves a little when touched and he has had it for a year. I went through hell worrying that it was something terrible and after having and x-ray and ultra-sound the consultant told us that it is fatty tissue and nothing to worry about. We should keep an eye on it for any changes but nothing more needs to be done for it. This could be exactly the same thing that you have. Does yours feel a little mobile?

Ddcoo
17-06-09, 18:04
Hi Red, has the lump altered in any way? I would have thought if it was an infected hair folicle then it would have come to a head by now and burst.
If it isn't giving you any discomfort I would wait till you have to go to the doctors again and then ask him to check it. It is so stressful to just try and forget about it, because we need to know. I think you are doing brilliantly for not going for so long - well done.