PDA

View Full Version : How to get through this week????

geddy
09-02-09, 09:32
I really dont know how im going to make it through this week, have called in sick at work AGAIN this morning!!
Hubby is off to Wales on Tues night until Thurs night :o(
Im soooo tired and sick of worrying all time about "what ifs" and all these aches and pains! Im totally convinced im going to die before im 40 (35 now).

I just want to be "normal", i cant take much more of living my life in fear!!!:shrug:

mick_uk
09-02-09, 09:56
Hiya geddy,
You wont be alone in calling in sick this week, don't let that part of it worry you much. You have to do what you have you do.
As for feeling 'normal', I guess most of us on here would love to feel absolutely 'normal'.
I'm sure someone on here will come up with more constructive help for you than I've been able to do.
I thought i would just reply to let you know we know how you feel

all the best

mick

geddy
09-02-09, 10:19
Thank you so much for your kind words!!

I seem to becoming more and more isolated, barely able to function these days.

PUGLETMUM
09-02-09, 10:22
:) hi geddy, yes life can get like that at times :weep: have you thought about telling your gp how bad you are feeling? they may be able to help

geddy
09-02-09, 10:34
Cant got an appointment until 19th Feb, so have over a week of waiting :o(

PUGLETMUM
09-02-09, 10:37
:) have you been constantly anxious since you joined this site or has something made it worse recently? hope you dont mind my asking?

geddy
09-02-09, 10:40
The anxiety all started BIG time in July, on the build up to our summer holiday and flying!!
And since then i have had some really bad times with it!! I have however suffered with depression on and off since i was 16. Sadly all this anxiety etc has made my depression kick off again too :o(

PUGLETMUM
09-02-09, 10:46
:) hi, you sound very similar to me then - in that you have suffered since your teens - i first had it when i was 14 and im now 36. it is very tiring and draining to go through life like htis isnt it? but all i can say is that remeber it doesnt last - if you are low you may not be able to see that clearly - but it doesnt last. have you had any therapy?

geddy
09-02-09, 10:54
Have had CBT, infact due another session on Thurs!

Also tried several different anti depr medication, most recently 5htp, but i found after 4 months on it i was totally whacked out, and my mood has started to slide again!!

Feels like im going to spend my life living in fear and unhappy.

Missy69
09-02-09, 10:58
Hiya geddy,

Im sorry to hear your having a bad time at the moment. I have just been sat thinking of how to spare you on, i can only go off my experiences of things. The good news is that i am a good 95% recovered.

I think whilst your having this time off work, i know you sound dissapointed about having to keep doing this, but whilst you are, i think it would be better for you to stop beating yourself up about it, as it will only add to your anxiety.

Maybe you could try and think of it as, " right ok im having to take so time of work, but i will do some thing constructive with this time !" I think we all know that waiting for the day to come were you wake up in the morning and just miraculously feel ok again, well i dont think it really comes does it.

My recovery came from giving my self time to just be ! let what ever happen happen for a while and stop fighting it and questioning it.

The biggest biggest help for me was Relaxation and claire weekes. I down loaded a few relaxation audios off the computer, and made sure i did this about 2/3 times a day, you really do feel the benefits of allowing your body to just relax as often as possible.

The second biggest thing for me was, i downloaded the Claire Weekes mp3 downloads from the NMP shop, "they are free" and i listened to them quite a lot of the day, to let it sink in and so i could fully understand them, i repeated listening to them quite a lot through the day.

Then i bought Claire Weekes book Self help for your nerves. This book tells you everything you need to know about anxiety and how to recover. I appreciate different things work for different people, but as i said i can only go off my experience.

So my advice is, try to use your time off work to help you get better, and not to keep adding to your illness by feeling bad about it, "your worth it chuck !"

Just a few ideas, these are what got me better. Im just now learning to deal with set backs, but even they are very small.

Hope some of this helps, let us know how you get on.

Just have some "you" time, let your body relax and mend !

PUGLETMUM
09-02-09, 10:59
:hugs: yes in my down times i also feel like this - today is one of those days:weep: but we just have to remember that we have lived along time with this condition and it is hard to deal with it constantly and that if others had to feel how we do thye woudl feel hopeless and helpless at times too? ive given up thinking i can ever get rid of how i feel, for me now its about acceptance and finding ways of coping - how about you? do you still want to be 'normal'?

geddy
09-02-09, 11:03
I do feel dreadfully guilty not going to work!! Have infact just e mailed my boss and confessed all!!!!! Couldnt carry on like this, hopefully work will be supportive!

Missy69
09-02-09, 11:07
geddy,

Thats really good that you have emailed and been honest about it, that should take some pressure off ! Good for you

geddy
09-02-09, 11:13
my biggest concern is defo my health!!

I seem to get sooo may aches and pains, big stomach problems at mo, just convinced im going to be diagnosed with cancer because docs are putting all my illnesses down to HA, and so they are missing some awful illness!!

mick_uk
09-02-09, 11:31
That's a good start geddy telling your boss. I wouldn't use the word 'confess' though geddy. Makes it sound like you have something to apologize about. Just telling someone who didn't know how you feel is a good start :D