PDA

View Full Version : Can your mind imagine pain?

vastano
09-02-09, 09:42
Last Sunday i got out of bed and got a terrible shooting pain in my back. I thought nothing more of it and carried on with the day. Later that day while walking i got a pain in my right testicle of all places. Again it lasted for a few seconds and went away. I panicked as it is not an area i ever think about and since then my mind has been obsessivley thinking about it. I started to get a sore back and sore stomach especially when sitting down. I can find no lumps or anything unsual and after a week i went to the doctors. He checked me out and everything was normal. I felt a bit better after seeing him and tried to put it out my mind which worked for a while as i remember being happy again feeling ok. I was out for a meal with friends and had a few drinks and again never thought about myself once. It has only been over the last few days the obsessive thoughts have returned and i feel discomfort again down below. Can my mind be so powerful that it brings on this ache? I pretty much think of this problem 24/7 and even dream of it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me crazy. I have had similar thoughts before on other areas of my body and it just takes over my life until something else comes along.