PDA

View Full Version : Is my Heart gona stop?

scottie120778
09-02-09, 10:20
Hi All

Has anyone had symptoms where you cant feel your heart beating, then you have a panic attack cause you think your heart has stopped and your gona die?

All the best

Scott

paula 86
09-02-09, 11:10
hey there
yea iv had that a few times, i cud b lyin in bed sumtimes n hear my heart beat loud then it will disappear n il freak out n start thinkin, omg have i died or am i startin 2 die. i just try n distract myself with sumthin, or think bout sumit else. usually helps.
xx

pooh
09-02-09, 14:47
HI Scott how are ya pal?

I get this sometimes. you just cant feel your heart beating and you think its stopped. It's definately uncomfortable. Try getting up and moving around and youll soon feel and hear it beating again. Not nice at the time though but pretty common I think

Pooh x

Forrest Gump
09-02-09, 16:02
I'm not a doctor, but I think that if the heart actually stopped we wouldn't at that point even be alive to feel it.
I often feel my heart beating and then all of a sudden I can't feel it anymore. I think the actual effect is the body calming down somehow. Just guessing, but so far I'm still here :)

aimee87
12-02-09, 15:47
Hiya, this happens to me all the time,,i now montitor my heart alot, which makes it worse because im looking out for it, i think its called heart palpitations this is really common tho i wouldnt worry its been happening to me for 2 years and my heart hasnt stopped yet :)