PDA

View Full Version : Joe

Tankerton
09-02-09, 11:52
Hi

My problems started when I decided to leave my last Job and join a new company. This caused me a lot of anxiety which is strange because it was such a good opportunity, I guess the problem that I have discovered was that I stepped outside a comfort zone I had become accustom to.

So today, after reading through this site I think am suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. My life is spent worrying my self sick about situations I could find my self in at work. Been taking Citalopram since Christmas, unfortunately for me, the side affects were horrendous for the first week or so, but I managed to stay on them as advised by everyone I talked to, have also increased the dose to 20ml recently. Currently seeing a CBT person who is trying to sort out my way of thinking which is still so negative.

Hoping that the CBT and tablets start to work soon, believe me, am trying so hard to overcome this, but my negative thoughts are so powerful

Joe

diane07
09-02-09, 15:25
Hi joe and welcome to nmp,

You'll get loads of help and support here, just keep posting and we'll help you all we can.

di xx

Tankerton
09-02-09, 17:20
Thanks Di

Been a tough time since Xmas - any help and words of wisdom always greatfully accepted -

MistyMaya
09-02-09, 20:59
Hi Tankerton Joe:welcome:

I'm sorry to hear about the tough time you've been through with work related stress and anxiety. I've been through a similar situation myself.

It's good to hear you've taken steps to help you get through this.

Hope to chat at some point.

Mistyx

sunshine-lady
09-02-09, 23:31
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Patty
10-02-09, 00:16
Hi Joe, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

Tankerton
10-02-09, 09:23
thanks Patty - I know I must face my fears - those are great words of advice

Joe

kittykat
10-02-09, 10:28
Hi Joe and :welcome: to the site.
Hopefully we can help you through these difficult times. Its not easy and anxiety is just so debillitating at times, from one who has been on medication and done cbt, but this is a great site with some really good advice ,its like therapy in itself. You've made a great choice in joining and hopefully we may see you in chat as you can also make some really good friends in there and is especially good if you just need to take your mind of things or vent a bit:) . Take care xx

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:41
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx