PDA

View Full Version : Follow up to my thread the other day---been to the doctors!!

jellybean43
09-02-09, 13:01
Hi
Just a quick follow up to say that i went to the drs today regarding what i thought was a swollen right thigh.
He was lovely:D
I am very lucky to have found such an understanding GP and he said that i am not wasting his time and that any worries I have I must go to him rather than sit at home getting stressed!!!!!
He measured both my thighs with his tape measure and said that in point of fact the left one was 0.5cm bigger than the right!!!!! He said that it is definately NOTHING AT ALL to be worried about . He pointed out that the fat distribution is different on each thigh and that is all that is making it look bigger!!! I said that i know i need about 1.5 stones off but he didnt seem at all concerned about that!!!!
He asked what i was worried about and i said a blood clot.He explained(as i already had been told) that it would be painful and red and visibly very swollen if that was the case. He said on measuring it it would be considerably bigger than the other.
Soooo I am happy with his verdict and that is that ----I will shut the door on it now as one thing i have learnt from the CBT is that I must let things go once i have had a professional opinion.
Thanks to everyone who replied the other day xxx:bighug1:

hm1177
09-02-09, 13:30
glad to hear it x