PDA

View Full Version : Stress/anxiety and taking positive steps

phil06
09-02-09, 13:07
I have taken a a positive step yesterday by requesting I go part time at my work as it has been causing me 50% of my stress and anxiety. I'm a bit unsure as it means less money but I have to think of my health. A few people at my work have been ill from the stress. I only work 35 hours but worked 31 hours there in three days. Due to the awful rotas and missed endless buses and cost me a fortune in taxis and I've had enough.

I have applied to new jobs but failed to get them so this may give me more time to look. I have also tried to ease off the dating scene to give myself time to emotionally recover from the rejection.

I am also changing driving instructor after my block of 10 lessons I had paid for as he has proven unreliable. I'm planning a few more changes but I feel I have to as I have put up with alot of crap in 2008 early this year and want to get my life on a more relaxed state now.

Does anybody feel this is the right choice to make? A blessing in disguise? I just hope I can stay positive through it. I plan to find another part time job with small hours as a stepping gap out of my current one. :)

Adam Thompson
09-02-09, 13:49
i left work 2 months ago due to this anxiety as i felt it was the main factor.
i have to say i do feel a bit better but being at home full time also has its downsides, like boredom which gives me lots of time to get worried and anxious...and no money which is stressfull, overall tho i think it was the right decision

bora20
09-02-09, 14:45
I think we all have stressors in our life that cause us anxiety and our jobs seem to be a very common one. Anything in your life that your not happy with or that is causing you stress has got to be a good thing to ditch. Plus the changes will make you feel like you are taking a positive stance on sorting out the things that arent right. Good luck Phil with them and hope they are the change you need to set you on the right track

Andy

phil06
09-02-09, 19:46
I feel I have calmed down a good bit now I am worried by stress. I feel like irritable, sore head, tense, moody at times.

I am sitting worrying over what I am going to do with work, getting somewhere I want. I know I am only 20 but still worry I can't see that far ahead I just see me as too old now to do much.

Basically I am worried it's not stress and I am going manic depressed or crazy. Or I am worried my tense stress mood which has built up over the last few weeks will make me burst and I will need doctors and my life will be bad.

Will it be ok? Is it all stress/anxiety what's going on? At the moment I feel I'm not me, I have lost my mind and my personality is changing and I'm not normal. I feel I am walking around mad and just feel strange is it anxiety too?