View Full Version : New Panics

Karen01
09-02-09, 17:24
Hi My name is Karen

Ihave recently started having panic attacks, I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow as I don't know how to deal with this.

It's very debilitating and I get very scared and don't know how to deal with this. I have turned into a recluse and don't know what to do.

Can someone give me some pointers.

Very scared and anxious.

K x

spaced
09-02-09, 19:07
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

eternally optimistic
09-02-09, 19:37
Hi yah Karen

Glad you found the website, Im sure you'll find it a comfort.

First thing you can do is be honest and open with your doctor and explain exactly how you are feeling.

I can relate to the recluse thing, I really had to force myself out the when things got really bad a couple of years ago. I went from being a working mum to someone who was very apprehensive about everything.

Explain all of your feelings about the panic and how your dont know how to deal with things, and Im sure they will understand.

I wish you good luck at the docs and try not to worry too much.

Remember, they are there to help. They might offer you some help with some sort of counselling which is worth a thought.

Bye for now.

sunshine-lady
09-02-09, 23:31
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Patty
10-02-09, 00:19
Hi Karen, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

kittykat
10-02-09, 10:16
Hi there Karen, welcome to the site, you'll get some great advice on here that will help you cope and deal with these horrid panic attacks , take care xx

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:40
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Karen01
04-05-12, 19:12
Hey well I thought I would stop by again, I have had the most horrendous time again with panic and now insomnia and depression added to the mix. I did make a bit of recovery over the past three years but it has come back in full force and finding it even harder to deal with this time.

I mostly cry and would absolutely kill for a good nights sleep. I have been on every medication under the sun but nothing seems to be helping with the sleep. I have been to support groups, counselling and even tried hypnotherapy, reiki, meditation, diet changes, exercise and accupunture along with my medication, it all seems to start with my poor sleep which kills me.

Any support would be welcome and thank you

K xx