PDA

View Full Version : Aniexty/citalopram

lebec
09-02-09, 18:38
hi all,i have just been to doctors about my aneixty as these last few week i have been feelin very confused and forget full and been thinking of realy stupid things.i been gettin very worried am goin to lose my mind and be locked up n stuff!:weep: it a horrible feelin.i told the doctor my problems and he had prescribed citalopram 10mg one a day as i am on the waiting list for CBT so he said take these in the mean time.. will this help ?? i hav had these before but i hav been against takin meds and i never took um. has anyone been succesfull with these and feel alot better n happier???? i hav heard storys and it puts me rite off! am scared am goin to lose it:weep: . please help

Bob47
09-02-09, 18:43
Have a read of the Citalopram side effects thread - you'll learn loads

eternally optimistic
09-02-09, 19:47
H there,

That's the dosage I was put on several years ago.

Went on it as a last resort, but wasnt until I'd been taking these regularly that I realised I should have done it before.

Im sure you wont be locked up ... LOL.

I think when you get really bogged down with "stuff", concentrating is really hard and its hard to sometimes think straight in any which way.

Taking medication is a very personal thing. I was originally prescribed them and decided not to take them because of the long list of side effects mentioned... Another problem with anxiety, it was hard to rationalise anything in a sensible manner.

You might have some "teething" problems with them, but from personal experience, it was sooo the right thing for me to do and I havent looked back. I also wont be scared to go back on them if the need ever arose.

GOOD LUCK

lebec
09-02-09, 20:11
Thanks Jay-Ann that has give me alot of reassurance:) ,like u say its just all the side affect and wot not that is stopping me!.i will keep u posted as it will be my first tablet 2moz so prob wont kick in for a couple of weeks.Thanks agen:yesyes:

Nicomi
10-02-09, 15:03
Hi

I've had Citalopram and they work a treat, the first week or so are tough with the side effects but by four weeks they've kicked in. My doctor called them nonchalance pills and he was right, I just didn't give hoot!!
I came off them a couple of years ago and then had a relapse last year. I'm on Venlafaxine now and have started CBT. The happy pills make me very sleepy and I shake all the time - I've been on them 3 months now and will stick with them for a while longer otherwise I will ask to go back on Citalopram. The CBT is great - it is really helping me and I can see it being a lifetime answer:yesyes:

Give the Citalopram a go - they will help and when you start the CBT you'll be well on the road to sanity.

Good luck:D

schwarav
10-02-09, 18:17
Yup, I take Citalopram.

I started out the first two weeks on half the pill (10mg) then I proceeded to (20mg). And I'm so glad I take it. It really has chilled me out as far as anxiety and panic.

Jay Ann is very right about the "teething". My jaw is constantly sore because it's always clenched. Not only that, but I'll wake up in the morning and the sides of my tongue are in pain because I was biting down while I slept....

Regardless, my first meds, my only meds, I love 'em.

leesavee
10-02-09, 23:16
hey there..
i started these 7 weeks ago..on 10mg ..
and i dont know how bad you are but i was really bad..and within 6 days i seen a difference..i wasnt in a constant state of taking panic attacks..and from then with the help of myself i moved uphill..tkae each day as it comes..but i def recommend you try these meds..if theyre not for you then you can come off them
good luck

smiley
10-02-09, 23:37
hi lebec just wanted to post u a quick reply

ive been on citalopram for twelve weeks now and in the beginning i was exactly like you worried about side effects etc etc.Well to cut a long story short i would recommend these meds to anyone i have never felt better than i do now and apart from increased anxiety for the 1st week there were no real other effects.I hope u find this reassuring and feel free to contact me via pm or catch me in chat im there nearly every day.

Take care and hope to speak soon
Heidi or H to my friends xxxxxxxxx

lebec
11-02-09, 18:05
thanks for your info peeps much appreciated:):).i have started my course of them and am on to my 3rd day still dnt feel anythin diff but like you's sed it takes couple of week.i hope it works out!...one more thing can i take nurofen tablets for a headache??? i havnt taken any because i want sure if i could