PDA

View Full Version : Worked for me

m4rk
09-02-09, 19:18
Hello

I posted a little while ago and was curious having just been prescribed propranolol for the first time. I came looking for some opinions really and naturally found very mixed feeling and opinions from different people.

I have only been taking this for 4 or 5 days but I just wanted to say that it works for me. To the point where it has probably changed my life. I used to get panic attacks or periods of anxiety that would last for up to six hours and this drug or a placebo effect or I don't really care what but something has got rid of them completely. The first day I took them I actually got a panic attack, a short intense one, the type I have never really had before and then they went away completely.

The drug made me chew my lip for the firs day but that goes away too. Give them a few days to settle in, it seemed to work for me.

Mark

eternally optimistic
09-02-09, 19:55
Hi Mark

Good to hear the medication has improved your current lifestyle.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

urbanx
12-02-09, 19:57
this is really promising for all of us just starting on it. Glad to hear it's had such a positive result!

sunshine-lady
13-02-09, 16:08
so pleased to hear that this medication is helping you so quickly. I am sure this will help reasure a lot people that are scared to take medication.

Good Luck xxx

m4rk
24-02-09, 21:13
I thought I'd post back to give a bit of an update.

I'm still on the Propranolol and it seems to be working fine. I have been on it for about a month now and have even managed the beer at the weekend.

All good so far... oh a bit of dry skin. (couldn't give a bleep to be honest)

Just a quick update for those wanting to find out a bit more about this stuff.

Mark

chelle_82
01-03-09, 21:21
I use a small dose - 10mg 3 times a day - and have done for about 6 months now. Since I started I have had only 2 full panic attacks. It has helped me a lot.

michelle x

m4rk
03-03-09, 20:58
I had a day of feeling bad, anxiety etc but it was the day after a few beers (like it normally is). Other than that, going very well.

meeno
14-03-09, 21:51
Glad the pills have improved things for you. What dose are you on?

Take care
x

m4rk
16-03-09, 13:31
Well - dose.. quite a lot and since my last post I have had some anxiety problems again.... maybe 'worked for me' should mean in the past tense!

My doctor has put me on 240 mg a day (2 x 40 mg tablets three times a day) and has said that if I need to I can go up to 360 mg a day. The thing is he has also prescribed me 20mg fluoxitine once a day and he has given me diazepam as 'rescue' drugs (3 x 5mg if i need it)

I really don't know anymore.

m4rk
26-04-09, 00:03
I have now come off the propranol. I didn't suffer any withdrawal or ill effects.

HappyNow
27-04-09, 22:00
Blimey! 360mg? ! That really puts my problems into perspeative. I thought I was having a rough time before I went onto 10mg
Glad you're feeling better!