PDA

View Full Version : Venlaflaxine POSITIVES

geddy
09-02-09, 19:48
Am worried about starting on this drug and am in DESPERATE need of some POSITIVE experiences please.:weep:

mabel
10-02-09, 21:11
Hi,

I've been on them for a few years now, the dose is increased/decreased depending on how I'm feeling. They really have saved my life. Lifted my depression which was pretty bad (nearly ended up in hospital) and helped enormously with my anxiety. Been on 2 other ad's before them and they are the best for me. They enabled me to get back to normal and begin living again.

They really work for me!

Mabel xxx

bottleblond
10-02-09, 21:31
Hi Geddy

I am also on Venlafaxine and it is the best medication i have been on to date for my anxiety.

Give them a go hun but don't expext miracles over night! they take a few weeks to work properly!

Best of luck

Lisa
xxx

purplehaze
11-02-09, 00:49
Venaflaxine is not a major medication but so far the reports have all been good. And as lisa says, dont expect miracles over night.

Wish you all the best

k

geddy
11-02-09, 11:11
CHEERS guys for your replies!

I have just taken tablet number 2! Am really hoping i wont get any major side effects, have taken week off work and have my proprananol on standby!!!!
Hubby left for Wales on business this morning :o( , but im trying tokeep myself distracted a) so as not to look for side effects and b) i hate him being away!!!!

Take care everyone xx

bora20
11-02-09, 14:34
I started taking venlaflaxine on Saturday after being on Cipralex for 5 yrs, the cipralex had stopped working for me so they decided on a change. Hoping it works for me too. This thread was just what i needed to read.

geddy
11-02-09, 14:41
I know what you mean so so much NEGATIVE stuff on here and on Net about this drug!
But i have tried 4 other very well known anti dep and they have never really worked. So i really really hope this one will!!

Day 3 for me and im hoping i dont have any real side effects to worry about! Good luck to you too, keep me informed x

bora20
11-02-09, 15:24
What doseage have they started you on geddy??

geddy
11-02-09, 15:27
37.5mg for a week only once a day!

Then next week i go up to 75mg slow release capsule!!

bora20
12-02-09, 12:27
Yeah thats exactly the same as me, plus i'm also gotta come of the cipralex at the same time. Are you having any side effects??? Gonna be hard to tell which are side effects and which are withdrawls. Would be nice if we could PM or something and let each other know seeing as we are doing exactly the same thing.

AW
15-02-09, 14:40
Hi,

I have been on Venlafaxine 75mg MR for about 8 years on and off and I have to say that it does help me incredibly. Yes there are side effects, libido being the most noticable but it has curbed my anxiety to a point where I can lead a normal life and do normal things. I have had to cut down on alcohol as I found they dont tend to mix well but that may just be me?!

Anyway I think any of these meds will have some side effects and the withdrawels can be unpleasant especially the 'zaps' but last time i came off them I took some time off work so I could deal with them easier.

I see them as a means to an end and if I can put a smile on my face for the sake of a little pill then god I will take them!!

geddy
16-02-09, 14:32
Day 5 and i can defo feel them working!!

Have energy again!! House has never been so clean, LONG may it last, im only on 37.5 mg at mo, up to 75mg slow release tomo!!

AW
16-02-09, 19:33
It didnt take long for me to feel the effects either. In fact it was a few days and I felt less anxious. I didnt really notice any difference with the higher dose as it spreads across the whole day rather than 1 hit with the 37.5mg. Hope you carry on feeling better!!

geddy
19-02-09, 15:32
Day 4 on 75mg slow release..... bit fed up because anxiety has come back, had a dreadful night :o(
Hopefully this will pass, early days and all that!

tom1
18-03-09, 00:41
I'm on Effexor (Venlafaxine). I would say the benefits of the med are quite fast acting compared to others I've used. It hasn't been as fast acting as Seroxat/Paroxetine but is doing something!

I've already been told by people I sound a lot more positive about things in general. I can't also recall my last panic attack since being on these so something must be going right. :)

deb141
18-03-09, 09:27
I moved onto venlafaxine as citalopram was not working for me after only 11 weeks. I am on 75mg slow release and have now taken 3 tablets. So far no side effects which i am pleased about, and i definately feel less anxious already. Can't wait for these to kick in properly so can get back to leading a normal life !. It would be good if people who have good experiences if this drug continue to post here for some encouragement.

sappling
18-03-09, 12:15
Hi im on venlafaxine 75mg a day and they work wonders. my anx is controllable now and they really take the edge off.

emm1397
30-03-09, 21:54
Hi
I'm on 150mg a day and after trying the max prozac dose and citalopram these were what finally shifted the anxiety and the depression. I also had counselling and after 6 months i'm back at work. I still have tough days and was really worried about taking them but i'm glad i did.

The only side effect i had was hot sweats at night and i can cope with that - small price to pay. Cant tell you what coming off is like as i havent done it yet but when the time is right and i'm strong enough i want to try.

Everyone is different so ignore others negative comments if they seem to work for you.

The one thing i do know is that i was really tired to start with but think that was my body getting used to it and trying to heal my brain and recover from the tough time i had been through beforehand. I can tell you if i am more than a few hours late in taking a dose i feel rubbish, dizzy, headache sicky so make sure you do all you can to take them the same time each day.

Good Luck

Emm:)

MyNameIsntRich
02-04-09, 04:49
effexor positives ? after god knows how many years stuck on this drug i think it should be illegal. Yes at first it can seem great but when you try to come off it more often then not people end up stuck on it against their will. Sorry to poop on your thread but there is a really good reason 90%+ of the things on the net about effexor are bad.

tom1
02-04-09, 14:20
There are ways to avoid the withdrawal of Effexor and come off it, much the same way I came of Seroxat/Paroxetine/Paxil. I switched to another SSRI that had less withdrawal effects, so I could come off it with minimal withdrawals. I really don't understand why more doctors don't do this. The same can be applied to Effexor (switching to another med to come off) since effectively it's an SSRI but with s tiny reuptake of of norepinephrine(and since it's the serotonin that causes the actual withdrawal it shouldn't be a problem to switch).

MyNameIsntRich
03-04-09, 03:05
What are the ways to avoid the withdraw? I have researched this drug for years now and not found one way to come off without a miserable 2+ weeks of some nasty withdraw. I tapered to 15mg daily that’s 1/5th of a 75mg pill and am having an awful withdraw. Also were not talking a fast taper either were talking over 3 years from the full 75mg dose that im on now. I have also yet to find a dr who knows much of anything about the way this drug effects people or who is willing to admit to knowing how badly it can effect so many people. I honestly think its hidden for reason and is made so addictive for drug company profits.

tom1
04-04-09, 01:21
Well, all I know is, the same was said with Paxil (which is considered just as bad as Effexor as far as withdrawals go) and to come off I was merely switched to Sertraline - which solved the brain zaps, etc as far as withdrawals are concerned.

marie.s
06-04-09, 16:52
I was prescribed this drug 3 months ago..as i suffer from depression and panic disorder..first time taking it i took a reaction to it..ended in hospital for a few hours..violently sick, dizzy ,rash over my face..,cold clammy..felt bloody awful if i am honest..now as a result of that ..i am now scared to try anything else..have been given cipralex..5mg to take at night have tried it 4 times and each time i have made my self sick after 5 min of taking it ..have been told to take a quarter if i like for a week then up to the half then to a 10mg when i feel able to ..but scared ..