PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was OK

EmmaJane
16-07-05, 17:35
Last night I woke up and had the runs, feel a bit sicky. Have no energy, constantly tired today, even though I have been sleeping most of it. I have been finding it hard recently to muster up any energy and everything is such a chore. My period is a few days late and Im slipping back into health anxiety. I dont want to, but I think I could be depressed. ( not sure if you can get bouts of depression, while on 40mg Prozac?)

My husband has an ex work collegue, who is missing from the bombings and I keep finding myself on the bbc, to see if shes been found... Could this be causing my symptoms, I dont feel to worried about what happened, but maybe I am?

Just need a chat, and a bit of help:(

Thanks all.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

seh1980
16-07-05, 22:03
hi Emma,

It could just be that you're having a bad couple of days. that happens sometimes. i noften go through periods of feeling low and then suddenly snap out of it and think "why did i feel so low??" could be that a number of small things are bringing you down. give it a couple if days and i'm sure you'll feel better.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

florence
16-07-05, 22:29
Hi Emmajane

Sorry to hear you feel so bad , it sounds like you're depressed indeed..
Prozac is supposed to be good for depression tho, maybe its just a phase, huh?

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">My husband has an ex work collegue, who is missing from the bombings and I keep finding myself on the bbc, to see if shes been found... Could this be causing my symptoms, I dont feel to worried about what happened, but maybe I am?</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

What happened recently in London is horrid enough to make us worried, paranoid , scared... even if we dont really realise it.
I really hope that your hubby's colleague will be found.
Be gentle on yourself and take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

henri
17-07-05, 11:03
Hey Emma,
Sorry you've not been feeling well. Try to view it as a blip - we all get them and they always pass (even though while you're having one it feels like it will never pass!)
The London bombings were tragic and it's made travelling on public transport really scary for everyone. I've been pretty much house bound ever since. It's natural that you feel worried about it.
I hope your husband's ex work colleague has been found.
Take care,
Henri x

EmmaJane
17-07-05, 12:08
Hi all, Health anxiety has hit, which is now really bugging me, as I know im blowing it all out of proportion.

My husbands ex colleque is still missing, so I think we all no now, the outcome:(

Emma xx

Meg
17-07-05, 19:23
Emmajane ,

It is a normal healthy reactionto feel extremely concerned, worried and sad about your husbands colleague.

Being sad for a very good reason for a few days/ weeks is different to having depression.

See how you're doing in a couple of weeks time.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

EmmaJane
18-07-05, 20:13
ok we have closure to this, she has been found (not good news though). I guess it makes you sit up and think what you have and how you can make it better or appreciate it. Enjoy life while you can because you just never know... Easier said than done I know, but it has made me think.

Thank you all for being there xx

Emma xx

Meg
18-07-05, 20:18
I'm so very sorry Emma

nomorepanic
18-07-05, 20:40
Emma

Sorry to hear this bad news and I am sure it will effect you more than you realise because it is someone that you know of.

I hope you feel beter in a few days time so hang in there ok and just be kind to yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"