PDA

View Full Version : How to Fight PA:"LAUGH" can help

gofishing
10-02-09, 02:19
:smile::roflmao::yesyes::yahoo:

Did you laugh today? I mean Big Loud Laughing Out.

Do you laugh only if you have a reason? Then, change your mind from now on.

Even laughing with no reason Helps to fight with PAs. Just look at mirror and laugh loudly. That silly laughing will make you laugh.

Or, find "good" humor web site with no sarchasm, no hurting black humors, no adult humors, with just silly humors which even elementary school kids can laugh at.: Please post it in this forum, if you find a good humor.

If you still watch TV, watch good Comedy shows.

So, remember this: At least, One Loud Laugh Per Day! No Excuse.

dmckinney
10-02-09, 04:26
Hi Gofishing! Yes I am following you all the way hehehehehe. Here is some information I found on laughter and it is funny that you did a forum on laughter bc I hear about this 2 weeks ago.

Medical studies have determined that laughing is both contagious and healthy.Just thinking about this 'Laugh Attack' brings a smile to your face. Remembering or thinking about laughter itself physically and mentally emotes all the positive effects of actually laughing.
The beautiful thing about laughter is that it is contagious. It matters not whether you initiate laughing or it comes from some other source, the health benefits of laughing have been studied and documented.
Laughter is the BEST MEDICINE!
Yet, laughter is still one of the least understood of human behaviors and one that is just now a serious study by scientists. Science has been able to determine three parts of the brain are activated during a good laugh:
1) a thinking or cognitive area for understanding the joke,
2) a movement or kinesthetic part for initiating muscle movement, and
3) an emotional region that derives the “giddy” feeling. Why do people laugh at jokes delivered while others laugh at incongruities like pain inflicted or a threatening situations? Is laughter a signal indicating a action is meant “in fun”? These things are still being studied.
Laughter makes us (and others) feel better.
Studies have identified a number of areas, where applying laughter, will be a positive and healthy experience. Feel better by laughing (http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060331_laughter_good.html):
1) Health and laughing
A) lifts up your mood
B) is contagious and positive
C) is stress reducing
D) has proven long term connections to improved mental health
2) Learning and laughter has shown that
A) levity as a teaching style reduces fear and anxiety and opens students up to learning and absorbing
B) well-planned, appropriate, contextual humor can help students ingrain information
3) Relationships and laughing
A) help create a social lubricant that, in groups, encourages cooperation and altruistic behavior
B) is believed to be one of the earliest forms of communication; especially, emotional communication. Laughter could have preceded the spoken word and bonded groups in pre-historic society.
“By the time a child reaches nursery school, he or she will laugh about 300 times a day. Adults laugh an average of 17 times a day.” “Science of Laughter” Discovery Health
Clearly as adults we do not laugh enough

Anxious_gal
10-02-09, 05:52
really good post!
I've read somewhere to put a pen in your mouth as it makes you sorta smile, so it tricks your brain, also it makes everything seem more amusing.

choliver
10-02-09, 06:13
i think you are right my dad used to say laughter is the best medicine,trouble is once youve had your chuckle the negative thoughts can kick back in.