PDA

View Full Version : Ear Infection? Anxiety? Brain Problem?

n3kiM
11-02-09, 02:20
Sorry for posting this twice, I think maybe this sub-forum is where I should have posted in the first place.

Hi, I found this site a few weeks ago and it helped me understand someof the feelings I've been having, but now that my symptoms havecontinued on / gotten worse, I felt like I needed to post something toget an opinion from fellow sufferers. I definitely suffer from HA, andhave always thought the worst whenever I get sick. I guess I shall getinto my symptoms.

I've had a headache for about 6 weeks now, along with dizziness,nausea, burning neck pain that goes down my arm, plugged ears that bothleak stringy puss, an extreme lack of energy, and tingling on my face /head. I also have difficulty concentrating / remembering things, whichis extremely frustrating because I am a university student. About aweek ago I got another scary symptom when I got a permanent black spotin the vision of my left eye. It's about the size of a pencil eraserand it never goes away.

Around this time these symptoms started I had terrible ear pain whencoming down from an airplane. Earlier in the day I felt as if there waswater in my ear that wouldn't come out. Is it possible the pressurefrom the flight pushed the water deeper into my ear?

I've had a blood test, some x-rays, and two eye exams and everythinghas been fine. None of the doctors have been that concerned with mysymptoms, but at the same time they haven't been able to explain themeither. Is this all stress and anxiety coupled with a possible innerear infection?

I know I had a severe panic attack on Sunday night in which thoughts ofscary things such as meningitis, brain tumors, and other seriousillnesses started creeping into my mind once the doctors were unable todiscover a cause. I started getting very dizzy, hot, and my heart wasgoing crazy. I know this was a panic attack because after about 10minutes it went away, but the effects lingered for the rest of thenight.

My doctor ordered a thyroid blood test and I get the results of thattomorrow, so maybe I can get at least a little information about what'sgoing on with me. Sorry about my long rant, I'm just worried somethingis really wrong with me either physically or mentally.

gtrgrl3369
11-02-09, 14:26
Welocome, this is a very helpful place for people that suffer. First off, I can tell you about the spot before your eye. It is called a floater. I have one in my right eye and I am more aware of it when I am stressed. It is harmless. The headaches sound like tension headaches, which are horrid to say the least. If you notice that when we are anxious we bunch our shoulders up around our ears. It causes the knots to form and the nerves to be pinched. I have no idea what is going on with the ears though. I know this is cary for you. I have been where you are at. If I can help please pm me and I will help in any way I can. Take care.:hugs: