PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Gemma T
11-02-09, 16:55
Hey everyone im Gemma

I stumbled across this site when i was self diagnosing myself and all i can say is that its the best stumble of my life. Finally i feel like there are people who really know where im coming from.

I have been suffering from panic attacks in my sleep for years. Bed is no longer a place of rest. I have panic attacks just getting to sleep which has made sleeping with people difficult.

I finished law school last june and im finding it impossible to get work. Now im getting panick attacks, anxiety attacks and palpatations practically everyday, day and night, for months.

Come to think of it i worry and worry and worry. I went into the mens toilet once because the womens were too busy and the bouncer dragged me out. When i got out my friend told me how worried she was that something might happen. Nothing bad happened. It never even occurred to me. That was two years ago and i still get panic attacks thinking of it. I go crazy thinking of how careless i was.

Symptoms for me have ranged from chest pains(which lasted for a couple of months), numb, tingling and aching left arm, leg and face, headaches, fatigue, insomnia and feeling sick. I have literally become obsessed with it all. My friend had to take my medical dictionary away. Im a regular at the doctors. Ive had 2 ECG and blood tests. I know im not having a heart attack but i cant help think otherwise. Ive been to the doctors so often that im sure they are always gonna blame the panic and anxiety attacks.

Ive found it all really depressing but finally today i found a light at the end of the tunnel. This site. I actually feel that with all the support from this site and the people on it that i can finally accept that im not about to pop my clogs.

With love and support

Gemma T x

spaced
11-02-09, 17:09
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

suzy-sue
11-02-09, 17:20
Hi and Welcome!:welcome: You"ll find lots of help and support here.First tip is stop googling the medical sites:lac: .Glad you found us. luv suzy:hugs:

sunshine-lady
11-02-09, 22:12
Hi and welcome to NMP.

Pleased that you stumbled across us.

I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. Chat is a great place to make new friends.

Take care xxx

Dominic1975
11-02-09, 22:15
welcome to nmp!!!! hope you find lots of support from everyone on here

Patty
12-02-09, 20:20
Hi Gemma, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:31
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Gemma T
14-02-09, 17:39
Thanks for being so welcoming everybody.

I hope to get to know everyone throught the chat room x x x