PDA

View Full Version : St John's Wort, Vit B & Omega vits are they all ok to take??? x

stephe26
11-02-09, 19:28
Hello,

I was recently px citalopram 10mg for anxiety and depression after the first week they were ok but after 13 days i started to feel much much worse. Not sure if it the tablets or anxiety as hate taking prescription tablets.

Thought i would try some herbal things, So after having a look i have started to take St John's Wort, Vit B complex and also Omega oils 3,6 & 9.

But now feeling really anxious if you can take all three together??

Wish i could go back to how i used to be as would never have given it another thought.

Sat here thinking the worst about taking herbal tablets - madness!!

Thanks for any support and advice

Steph x

louisa2983
13-02-09, 00:12
Hi Steph,

You can take all 3 together, but you can't take st John's with citalopram.

Hope this helps

Lou xxx

sue681
13-02-09, 09:03
I was put on citalopram,it made me feel worse so slowly came off it,heard terrible things about it

i'm currently taking
vit b-complex
H-5tp(this is suppose to be really good)
omega fish oils etc

want to start st johns wart too but have heard it can stop the pill from working

you can take all these together but not with any meds

x x

psychocandy
13-02-09, 09:47
Sotonsue,

Dont listen to all the horror stories !!!!

I've tried 5-6 SSRIs and never had any bad side effects or problems withdrawing from ANY of them.

Yeh. DONT TAKE SJW with any other meds.

angel 2
01-03-09, 08:45
Hi Stephe26
I've just started taking Omega3 and 6 in EPA Fish oil .It's the EPA with all the intensive studies on depression. None of the health shops seem to stock the strength you need. It has to be at least 1gm of EPA and better without DHA.Look On Web site for MIND1st. I'm waiting for my B vits to come because they help the EPA work. As for SJW I can't take it but it has good reviews and is ok with what you're taking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I've only just started , Good luck:yesyes:

fuggamoose
11-03-09, 15:54
I heard that St Johns Wort can affect the pill. I've bought some but haven't started taking any yet because I don't want to get pregnant! :ohmy:

Kells81
12-03-09, 17:42
It usually says on the back of the St Johns Wort packet/bottle, 'Do not take if you are taking the pill'.

So definetly do not take this if you are on the pill (you dont want any accidents!!)

xx