PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma Anxiety......Any Thoughts?

watchmn
11-02-09, 20:39
Hi

this is my first post so go easy please....
sorry if there are a million posts like this I just feel I need to vent

9 months ago (June 08) I found a lump on the left side of my neck which set alarm bells ringing searched online all I could find was lymphoma so I thought ill get it checked went to the docs they did blood tests which were clear and they examined me she said just lymph glands nothing to worry about.

For months I was fine till about late Nov 08 when I started getting these weird itchy rashes at random times every few days I took some pictures of them in to the docs and she said its hives an allergic reaction nothing to worry about millions of people get them. I continued to get these rashes and still do today but after antihistamines for a few days I don't have them then they come back days later doc thinks it due to stress.

I then notice 2 more raised glands one behind my left ear and the other on the opposite side of my neck which I freaked out about total panic..... So I went to the docs more blood tests (cbc,liver function) and she checked them out and said im fine nothing to worry about and hives are not linked to lymphoma. The glands are still raised but I have no other symptoms of the disease and I am confident that my doctor is telling the truth so why cant I convince myself there's nothing wrong and get on with my life??

This is really starting to get to me and effect relationships with people close to me......

any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated ??

Regards,