PDA

View Full Version : Hello

philipstormy
17-07-05, 17:49
Hi all my name is Phil, i am 33 years old and have just recently been told by my doctor i am suffering from Anxiety!

Was a bit of a shock to me but not as bad as the being rushed to hospital put on a heart monitor and having loads of bloods done was!![Sigh...]

Any how i had my first 'attack' about 2 weeks ago feltt like i was gonna die went really lightheaded and dizzy heart felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest!! and since then been feeling pretty crap most days now!!

I have a constant nervous butterfly feeling in my stomach and small shart chest pains and my left arm is aching on and off all day!!

I wake up just about 20 times a night in a 'shock' type way and i am getting loads of trapped wind and burping!!

So thats me hoping to find a way of beating this problem of mine with some help/ information from this forum.
[B)]

:-(

seh1980
17-07-05, 17:52
hey Phil,

Welcome aboard!! :)

You have definitely come to the right place. The butterflies in stomach and chest pain are trademark symptoms of anxiety. I'm pretty sure that we've all had them at some point. They are nothing to worry about.

Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure you'll receive some good support.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Claireabell
17-07-05, 18:14
Hi Phil

Just like you I am knew to this forum and have received much support from others. Reading about other people's experiences certainly helps to make you feel that you are not alone. Anytime day or night , there is usually someone you can chat to either here or in the chat room.

Claire

Meg
17-07-05, 18:29
HI Phillip,

When you're ready do tell us about the circumstances leading up to these events.

You will get better from these especially as you have sought help very early.

Its is a scary time but you're in good company now use us to help yourself understand and then improve.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

philipstormy
17-07-05, 18:44
Cheers guys this has knocked me for six!!

Being quite a strong man both physically and mentally i am finding this hard!![V]
However positive thoughts will be mine and i will sort this problem out!!

Even a loud bang like a door slamming sends waves of terror through my body and guts!!![Sigh...]

So i will post up what i think may have caused my Anxiety and it may also help me to get it all out of my system!!

Just feel like crying most the time at the moment!!:(

:-(

vernon
17-07-05, 19:22
Hi Phill, Welcome to the site sure you will get lots of help on this site,Even though it dont feel like its working I find self hypnosis and relaxation cd'd/tapes help me loads also reading up on anxiety helps to. There are lots of good books, web right ups on self hypnosis/relaxation also lots of good advice on this main site for relaxation and self hypnosis. If you want anymore infor on anything or recomended books, relaxation tapes etc just post here and people will tell you links also good books worth reading. I and a lot of others found Claire Weeks Essential help for your nerves a good and helpfull read, You can get this book quite cheep on amizon or maybe even on ebay. take care Vernon

pinkscrumpy
17-07-05, 21:19
Hi Phil

A big warm welcome to you. :D:D

MANDIE XX

Karen
17-07-05, 21:55
Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Mcched
18-07-05, 11:38
Hi Phil

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!

It is good to talk and you'll feel better afterwards!!!! This is a great site for support.

Have you tried Bachs rescue remedy when your feeling really anxious? I've found it very useful.

Take care

Nikki

lainey
18-07-05, 12:06
Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place mate, all the symptoms you mentioned are symptoms of anxiety and will not harm you, you'll get loads of help and support here.
Positive vibes coming your way!!!!

Take care

Elaine x

nomorepanic
18-07-05, 18:03
Phil

Just wanted to say a Big warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

leo05
18-07-05, 18:06
hi and welcome

feel free to pm me anytime

leanne (leo05)[8D]