PDA

View Full Version : intro

toshj
12-02-09, 00:47
hello all,

i'm new to the site, and fairly new to dealing with anxiety. my name's josh, i'm 24 from london and currently blissfully unemployed.

although having mild/moderate OCD for most of my life, i developed hypochondria about 5 years ago and have since been diagnosed with anxiety.

my anxiety tends to present itself exclusively through hypochondria (and related panic attacks), and has seen me meet with 6 doctos, a therapist and a chiropractor in the last three months.

i've spent the last two years since graduating in a very demanding, stressful and time-consuming job. although i've recently quit, i believed that this would lower my anxiety levels however it unfortunately hasn't been the case.

i've started hypnotherapy and CBT, with the aim of going travelling in 6 weeks time but am becoming increasingly concerned that i'm not going to feel up to it when the time comes around.

i don't really know how many people suffer from hypochondria as part of their anxiety, but it would be good to know i'm not alone!:)

guardian angel
12-02-09, 04:35
Hello

By the hypochondria I'm thinking you mean health worries? If you haven't found the section on the left hand side have a look through and a read of other's posts. I've spent most of the day reading the various stuff on here and it's been really helpful. Hope it does the same for you :)
Hayley

choliver
12-02-09, 05:59
like gaurdian angel says have a look on left hand side.like you i thought i was a rarity but just looking through the forum you will see that what you are going through is not unusal and you will read someone elses post and recognise what they are saying as being what you have experienced.
good luck choliver.

spaced
12-02-09, 12:51
:welcome: hi and welcometo NMP:)

Patty
12-02-09, 20:27
Hi Josh, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:30
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
12-02-09, 22:33
Hi and welcome to NMP

Pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

Chat is a great place to make friends.

xxx