PDA

View Full Version : Images when i close my eyes

Lilcharlie
12-02-09, 01:07
This is really getting to me now, Everytime i close my eyes a image will appear out of nowhere, can be really disturbing things or weird things

It happens when i close my eyes for a few secoind during the day and it happens more when i close my eyes at night when iam trying to go to sleep

I feel that its not normal and theres something wrong with me,

Does anyone else out there have anything like this?? x

tommy1982
12-02-09, 02:48
I've read about this in the past , its linked to intrusive thoughts think its part of ocd

Toffeeapple
12-02-09, 09:44
You're not mad, don't worry, I've had that, it's gone now that my anxiety's more or less gone, but when I was at my lowest and very tired, everytime I used to close my eyes especially prior to going to sleep I would see weird images, random faces etc... it used to really freak me out !
I think it's caused by an oversensitive nervous system (don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure that's what I've read somewhere).

Liverbird67
12-02-09, 10:19
Sorry you are feeling so frightened at the moment hun, I get this hardly anyone seems to know what it is or were it comes from, I think it is a severe form of anxiety and because no one mentions it it scares you all the more!

I have mentioned it to the CBT therapist whom says its probably tiredness (I seem to get it when trying to go to sleep or trying to fall back asleep after waking in the night)

I have had this for over a year now and although my anxiety is through the roof nothing bad has happended, I have not been committed to hospital with this so put that idea out of your head, you are not mad, I have literally made myself sick worrying about this, its strange its very distressing but I am trying not to focus on this too much but I have noticed it is a lot worse when I am very stressed or tired.

I am hoping that it will just fade away with time.

Lots of Love

Debbie:bighug1:

PUGLETMUM
12-02-09, 10:23
:) hi, ocd is and anxiety disorder and it can occur alongside other anxiety disorders - please go to ocduk - it has helped me no end, take care,emma:)

CJH86
12-02-09, 15:36
Hiya, ive had that pretty much all my life...especially at night. I tend to see wierd faces and things, sometimes even when i have my eyes open (if it is dark) it freaks me from time to time and is worse if i am stressed/anxious. I think a lot of people get this anyway, its just a bit of a taboo....as people relate seeing things/hearing things to psychotic illness when actually its pretty normal x

valleybear
12-02-09, 20:54
I get this quite often...shapes and weird faces and they seem to move around. Only at night when I try to sleep though and I don't worry about them really. XX

Lilcharlie
13-02-09, 10:57
:hugs: Thank you so much for all your messages! iam pleased to know iam not the only one who has these sort of things!,

Its so scary and i keep thinking i will end up in a padded cel if i keep getting these,

Thank you :bighug1:

PUGLETMUM
14-02-09, 12:25
:) hiya guys, i got the wrong end of the stick before - have just read the thread again - i also have this as im going to sleep.

a girl came to my house last year as part of her studies to become a clinical psychologist and i told her about them, she explained that they are a type of hallucination - but totally harmless - they are not related to psychosis in any way shape or form they are related to tiredness and sleep - hope this reassures you, take care, emma