PDA

View Full Version : Glad I Found This Forum!

rickyp
12-02-09, 06:44
Well, after searching for something like this for a week or so, I am glad to have finally found it.

A little background on me:

- I lost my wife to a long bout with melanoma last month (she died at age 31, I am not quite yet 33).:weep:

- I have never had anxiety or panic attacks ever in my life.:shrug:

- Anxiety and panic attacks do not run in my family.:shrug:

- About 3 weeks after my wife died, I had my first panic attack (and like most of you thought that was it; "oh, boy, the heart attack").:scared15:

- I did go to my doctor. He prescribed me 1 mg Xanax once a day and 50 mg Zoloft once a day.

- I still have them start to come on but I have been able to stop them...but, the tightness in my chest and anxiety following the "almost attack" is very painful and can last up to a few hours.:unsure:

I can't say I'm glad to see all of you here, because if it were up to us, none of us would have to deal with this nasty phenomenon. I'm glad to have found you all however, and I look forward to working out my demons and talking with you all about our "fun".:wacko:

Oh, in case you couldn't tell, I like the emoticons here. :smile:

Cheers,
Rick

Mully
12-02-09, 06:58
Greetings Rick

:welcome: to NMP.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and offer my deepest sympathy --->--@

You will find many wonderful people here with lots of support and a freindly ear.

Huggles xXx

Veronica H
12-02-09, 10:39
:welcome: to NMP. So sorry for your loss. Your nerves are bound to be sensitised and this has brought on the panic attacks. This will pass, and I am so glad that you have found us as you will find comfort and support here.

Veronica:bighug1:

kimmy126
12-02-09, 11:33
sorry about your loss, i have suffered for 7 years and they started to get better, but my brother in law died in nov and they came back with a vengence, this forum is great and its good to talk, take care.

spaced
12-02-09, 12:49
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

kat6919
12-02-09, 18:29
Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife- but you have come to the right place to get support.
I've only very recently begun suffering from panic attacks and they have started for no reason (that I can think of anyway) and scare the hell out of me.
I stumbled upon this site earlier this week while googling panic attacks and I have found so much useful information and support from people who are in similar situations.
I hope things get easier for you soon

xxx

Vanilla Sky
12-02-09, 18:41
Hi rick, i am so sorry for your loss, panic feelings happen often during grieving. You have found the right site rick, you will certainly get support on here for however long it takes, its good to share with likeminded people who know where your coming from. All of us on here are understanding of anxiety, panic depression etc. Whenever you feel down come along into chat and meet us all. Welcome to no more panic, hope you get the help you need love paige x x

kittyk
12-02-09, 19:23
Hello Rick....this is a good place to be......x

Patty
12-02-09, 20:43
Hi Rick,

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.

Best wishes.

:bighug1:

suzy-sue
12-02-09, 22:27
Hi and Welcome:welcome: Im so sorry for your loss..Youll find lots of help and support here ,glad you found us . suzy

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
12-02-09, 22:35
Hi and welcome to NMP

I am so sorry to hear of you very sad loss.

Pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

Chat is a great place to make friends.

xxx