PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

LeafsFan
12-02-09, 08:21
I have been a sufferer of GAD my entire life. Last Feb, I got ill with pericarditis(inflammation of the lining that surrounds your heart), and the ER docs determined that it was likely viral. I've been sick before, but this this was beyond anything that I have experienced..it was pure hell. My anxiety increased 10 fold and my panic levels also increased, quite dramatically. I made numerous trips to the ER thinking that I had something wrong with my heart. The ran all the tests, seen a cardiologist even, and was give the "all clear". I also find it difficult to do anything physical at times, my heart goes 10000 miles an hour at the slightest of excersion. Very frightning at times, and trying to convince yourself that it's all anxiety based..that's my current dilema..

I was diagnosed with: GAD, Panic Disorder, PTSD and SAD, last March. I am currently on buspar and remeron and they have helped a bit.

Should have added this at the start...I am from Canada and am 33, soon to be 34 on Feb 27.

Thanks for having me here.

spaced
12-02-09, 13:10
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Patty
12-02-09, 20:59
Hi LeafsFan, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:25
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
12-02-09, 22:37
Hi and welcome to NMP

Pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

Chat is a great place to make friends.

xxx