PDA

View Full Version : Panic & Hang Over's

leon_telford
12-02-09, 15:00
How strong is the relation between the two?

Also interested in how many people's first was due to the after effects of a night 'binge' drinking?

Tankerton
12-02-09, 15:12
I had a couple of pints a week or so ago - the next day wanst pleasant - also - avoid late night coffee - had one after dinner on Saturday - got home feeling fine - then could feel aniexty starting to kick in - didnt sleep all night - dreadfull Sunday morning - but that was just me -

Trying to avoid drink alltogether - spent all my adult life getting drunk - wont hurt me now to give it a break

Joe

leon_telford
12-02-09, 15:15
If I've had a couple down the pub and say get back at 11-00ish then i'll be fine in the morning and the axenty etc will be the 'normal' level I get.

It's if I go past that point and drink till say 2am then the day after is hell.

I suppose I only got myself to blame for having my first attack last June :-(

jenny007
12-02-09, 17:10
I always feel shaky the next day, even if ive just had the one...I dont know why this is since i used to drink all the time when i was an art student, i think now by body doesnt tolerate alcohol anymore, so i dont drink, as i don't need to in order to have a good time :) good luck Leon :)

Getting by..
12-02-09, 17:22
Hangovers to someone suffering with anixety is like rubbing salt in a open wound - don't do. You don't sleep properly when you've been drinking, your head kills becuase of the booze, your whole body aches and your ability to fight the panic is completly over ridden as your body is weak and sick from the booze. Saying all that though I do drink and I ride the hangovers out - I am a bit odd and I find "normal" pains e.g. hangovers, muscle strain after excersise etc almost acts like relief to me as I can focus all my energise on a problem I know and understand!

Angelai
12-02-09, 18:52
I don't drink anymore - takes me three days to recover if I have 2 vodkas! Yes - I find my anxiety worse during that time but think it's maybe because I don't feel 100%. Like Getting by says, there's no strength left to control the panic...

reachersgal
16-02-09, 17:22
I don't drink anymore - I used to drink more to get over the social anxiety I felt. Then in June I had a panic attack with a hangover and couldn't get on a bus as a result of this probably 'hangover' as opposed to true anxiety my agoraphobia greatly worsened and has led to a really difficult 6 mths. I had a drink at Christmas only a few glasses and was up all night with shocking palpitaions and feeling utterly anxious and horrific. I have since decided I am not drinkning another drop. I am glad I've made this decision as I really needed to learn to be myself in social situations and not get my confidence from alcohol.

licquyd
19-02-09, 03:13
I'm on a vicious roller-coaster ride right now, if i drink, the next day is hell but my meds don't work, so i have to drink to relieve the anxiety. Then it repeats the next day. I'm on Effexor 150mg, and 2mg Clonzapam 3 times a day and i still can't help drinking for my anxiety, i'm in a vicious cycle.